1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kids Say The Darndest And The Cutest Things

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Dec 24, 2018.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Heard outside the ultrasound room of the hospital today.
    A kid, roughly 3 years old, accompanies grandmom and mom into the room where the US is done. The kid is asked:

Do you see that in mom's tummy? Do you something?

Kid replies: "Hi something"!

Gave me reason to beam from ear to ear.

Do you have stories of funny things your kids have said, or things you have heard other kids say? Do share them and give us all a reason to smile. :)

sindmani, Viswamitra, kkrish and 4 others like this.

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My younger friend was dropping off her 4 year old at my house for a few hours. My kids were already teens. The 4 yr old knew me reasonably well but I had not hosted any play-dates etc.

As the mother was leaving, the little one piped up loudly as only little ones can do, "Bye amma. Will Auntie take good care of me?"

:lol: I was ROFL and my friend was temporarily embarrassed and apologizing furiously, "I am so sorry! I don't know where to go and hide."

Turns out the mom used to often tell the girl, "xyz will take good care of you. see you later..." or something like that. The little one now is older and we still laugh about it. Actually it showed the self-protection inherent in human beings.

sindmani, Viswamitra, Mistt and 3 others like this.
  3. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

When my kid was around 4 n I told him go keep the plate in the sink but regional language I said it drop it so he literally when close n dropped it in the sink .when I asked y u did that he said u told me too do it.. .. innocently..
    Kids are so innocent..

Viswamitra, Mistt, kkrish and 2 others like this.
  4. Jas82688

Jas82688 Silver IL'ite

We are vegetarians.. my 3 years old Asked me when she was joined in Montessori
    kid :“mamma where does fish live “
    Mommy : in Water sea ..
    Kid :she was crying and screaming
    you are lying it won’t live in water it will stay in lunch box I saw in my friends lunch box ..
    lol
    Now she is 6 years she will laugh if I tell her what she told in the past ..

Viswamitra, Mistt, kkrish and 2 others like this.
  5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

When someone came home my three year old son asked me loudly when that auntie will go back.
    After sometime I told my son'Whenever someone comes you should ask them to come inside, and make them sit.Amma will offer coffee.Afterwards when they leave you say them 'bye'.
    After a month my cousin came from Trichy to see me. My so rushed towards door.Even before I opened the door he said,'Mama, vango, okkaarungo, coffee saappidumgo , poyittu vango( Mama, come, sit, take coffee and leave) all at a time.We laughed and laughed.
    jayasala 42

6. Tamrakshar

Tamrakshar Platinum IL'ite

I would like to share one such incident which happened recently. You might have read from my snippet that we had been involved in my younger daughter's school admission process. We had applied for 4 schools, and the incident I am going to narrate happened in the 3rd interview. Here little Rai, my younger daughter, had to face 2 lady teachers. She was separated from us for a while, as we were answering questions in a different table. But, we were done early, and we had the chance to see how Rai was performing.

She did well until she was asked to identify a shape which I didn't teach her. I taught her circle, semi-circle, oval, rectangle, square and triangle. But there are few other shapes like kite, star, heart etc. The teacher showed her a heart shape and asked her to identify it. I thought she would not be able to answer. But to my surprise, she answered, but the answer was very embarrassing. She said it was "I love you". The teacher laughed loudly, and moved on to the next question. At the end of the interview, the teacher was very pleased, and told Rai to kiss her on her cheek.

7. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

When my younger son was two he would walk into walls - guess his coordination skills were still developing. Every time I gathered him in my arms and soothed him he would ask between tears, "Why can't we have a house without walls?"

I: ":confundio1::thinking::confundio1::confundio1::thinking::thinking:

SCA, jskls, Thyagarajan and 4 others like this.
  8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Here is another from my son:

He was 4 years old at that time.

I used to carefully review the bill after the restaurant provides it as I had found several mistakes in the past. Once, I was out of town and my FIL, MIL, wife and son went to a restaurant. When my FIL was about to pay the bill, my son stopped him, quickly reviewed it without understanding anything and gave it back to my FIL for payment. He probably thought it was a ritual. Everyone had a hearty laugh.

One time, my wife, son and I visited our cousin's place. My cousin's wife asked, "What would you like to have?" meaning coffee or tea. My son being so used to the restaurants and as we were seated in a dinning table at that time asked me, "Dad, what are you going to order?" - My cousin responded with a laugh, "Hey Prashanth, this is not a restaurant". We all had a good laugh.

sindmani, kkrish, jskls and 5 others like this.
  9. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

My son was just 2 years.He was playing on the sofa with his toys. My mother-in-law was taking food inside the kitchen.I was in the office.My son hugged patti and went to the hall again.She gave a morsel of food from her plate.My mother-in-law was short of hearing. While coming from the kitchen my son silently bolted the door of the kitchen. After ten mts after finishing meals my MIL wanted to come out for washing her plate. The door was locked.She tapped and tapped.My son did not know how to open and he didn't even realise that he had locked. My MIL grew anxious. The front grill door was locked from inside. Through the kitchen my MIL called the neighbour and explained the position.The front veranda key was lying on the sofa on which the child was sitting. The neighbour mami reached the hall window, called my son and asked him to give the key on the sofa to her.She begged the child.He didn't yield.He just hid the key in his half pant pocket and told mami'it is chaavi.Jaagde-appa has told.I won't give.( It is key-,be careful.Appa has told.I won't give.He ran from room to room .Atlast mami offered a handful of chacolates and after cajoling for 30 mts got the key.She opened the grill door, came inside ,and enabled my MIL come out of the kitchen prison.In the evening my son talked about the incident in his own indistinct language.The same evening I made arrangements and placed a lock on the other side of the hinges so that it could not be bolted.My son's complaint was that the neighbour was a bad mami. She would open the godrej cupboard with the key and take money.He also said that he was careful( jaagradai) and saw to it that mami didn't enter the bed room.He returned all the chacolates back to mami and said'hereafter don't ask for chavi.I won't give.'
    The mail is a result of 'empty nest' syndrome of a grandma living in memories children
    Jayasala 42

sindmani, kkrish, Mistt and 4 others like this.
  10. pumpkin01

pumpkin01 Platinum IL'ite

It happened right this evening while I was feeding my son (he's 6yr old) his dinner,
    Son : Mom, you are a rare woman I have ever met :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Me : what rare :thinking::thinking: How baby ??
    Son: Mom, you are the kindest woman in this whole wide world I have ever seen
    Me : Why you think I am the kindest baby ?
    Son: Because you are feeding me first then you are going to have your dinner

SCA, sindmani, kkrish and 4 others like this.