1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

kids (baby) clothes - should i bring from india or buy in US?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by pats, May 9, 2013.

1. pats

pats New IL'ite

Hello ladies,

Am moving to US with my 5 month old baby. Should i purchase all baby clothes in india or buy in US?
    Which is cheap? What about quality?
    Please give ur inputs.

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

I do not know about pricing but there is so much variety available here, it is fun. Also babies out grow clothes quickly, seasons change quickly and you will have to dress the baby appropriately. So may be you can bring some summer clothes to start off so that you are not running around for that and shop here starting fall. Best wishes with your move.

3. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Pats,

Welcome to U.S.

Buy few daily wear there to star off, after coming here you can buy here...

Mainly if girl baby try to get some Indian wear dress(silk pavadai) and frock for temple, friends home vist/gettogether...even a simple frock here cost more...

If its boy bay you can bring some traditional attire for festivals,temple/parties..

When buying Indian dresses keep the kid's age in mind,Eg: Buy some 1year grant dress for her.his first birthday.

As you don't wear these Indian dresses very often, better to buy little bigger size than current age.

All the best...have a safe journey.

4. chitmin

chitmin Gold IL'ite

You might want to get clothes in the current size from India, but eventually buy clothes overn here. I find children's clothes available in the US to be of better quality and design (especially for boys). It's not necessary that the clothes cost significantly more here. If you buy during the end of season sales and stock up for the coming seasons, you should be fine. If you have a Ross or Burlington Coast Factory where you'll be staying, you'll get a good selection of toddler wear. Target also has clothes in the clearance section that are pretty cost effective.
    I do second the PPs suggestion of bringing Indian traditional clothes for the children from India.

Good luck with your trip!