Kid care options in Japan

Discussion in 'Indians in Japan' started by dian12, Feb 19, 2014.

1. dian12

dian12 New IL'ite

Hi All,

I will be moving shortly to Japan on a work assignment.My husband is already working there.We have a 2 year old daughter and planning to take her also along with me to Japan.Would like to know the options like daycare so that I can keep her there when we go to office.Our office timings could get extended ie,can go till 8pm-9pm sometimes.

Thanks.

2. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hi
    Which place in Japan are you moving to? There are so many day care centers in Japan. But the staff there will not know our languages. Thats the only constraint in Japan. I'm not sure about evening day care.

3. Vemala

Vemala Gold IL'ite

Day care in Japan are very professional. They will have trained nurses to take care of the children. But, they work strictly on time basis. They charge around 40,000-80,000 yen for 9-6pm (5 days) and 500-1,000 Yen for extra hour.

Food will be provided by them. You can find staff with minimal english.

Now a days, Indians also started with smaller groups for around 5-10 kids in Kawasaki, Yokohoma, Hikarigaoka in tokyo in n around places. You can check the nearest place for you.

Many internation companies like, Sony, Texas provide inhouse day cares.

4. dian12

dian12 New IL'ite

Thanks Custard for the reply...
    We will be moving to Tokyo...

5. dian12

dian12 New IL'ite

Thanks Vemala for the reply....
    From where can we find information about the daycare run by Indians? Is it available in some site?
    Unfortunately our company is not having inhouse daycare.

6. Vemala

Vemala Gold IL'ite

If you are moving to tokyo, Kawasaki/Yokohoma will be near by to you . Please check out/ request for info in KAWASAKI INDIAN WOMEN yahoo groups. I have lost in touch with them since we moved out from there years back.

You can even check out some info in ISCON temple /Sathya sai organization (Yokohoma).

If you are there by 4th APR, you can go to JST Ugadhi function(google u will get details) . You can find lot of information.

Thanks

7. saruaravindh

saruaravindh New IL'ite

Dear all,

I am looking for diapers to buy for my kid 2 yr , can you suggest which brand i can buy , where to buy ,, i live in tokyo

8. dian12

dian12 New IL'ite

I came to Japan a month back and is located in Kawasaki.But I am not able to find any details of daycare run by Indians....Even i tried posting in Kawasaki Indian women group..but no replies I am getting :cry:....i am in urgent need but nothing turns up.....