1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kick Starting On Self Motivation

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by twinsmom, Sep 22, 2009.

1. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Twinsmom,

That was a lovely writeup....i enjoyed the dry humour and all the thoughts, feelings emotions and the laziness that goes with the thought of getting out for a WALK that to for our own benefit.....so here i am sitting with my laptop instead of donning the walking shoes and going on my laps! :hide: But thoroughly enjoyed reading and let me see if self motivation or your blog will motivate me to move a muscle at least! :rotfl:
    But i am sure listening to songs on ipod will help, you can listen to your slokams and also some great audio speeches etc. I do that on my long train rides and sometimes burst out laughing at the jokes of Suki Sivam and get wierd glances from my fellow travellers! But me i am in my own world of Bhagvad Gita or Sita kalyanam oblivious to my surroundings!:biglaugh

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Twinsmom,
    I am in your shoes regarding on the 'kickstart'. When walking on the school grounds nearby, I used to chant the slokas, and if finished before the laps...I do continue with the japams or just namasmaranams..1 round..one nama
    the 2 nd round the next nama and so on..
    As I don't go for rounds nowadays, I follow this while walking on the treadmill..

sriniketan

3. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Bhabhi / Twinsmom !!!

Loved your writeup and how you keep yourself going with songs and slokas...Please keep up the good work. I enjoyed Kamalji's comment
    and yours too !! :)

I have been off my routine for about two weeks now and this writeup
    presented itself to me at the right time.... Kick Starting my routine as of
    today !!

4. Sheebavinod

Sheebavinod Gold IL'ite

HI twinsmom,

wooooooooooo, awesome write up, i was picturising the entire scenario in my mind:)
    I have become an ardent fan of ur style of writing, i am glued to it.
    Will be following ur articles regularly from now on.

sheeba

5. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Hi Twinsmom,
    Ican identify with you in each every word you wrote. I used to wonder why am i mediocre in every thing including physical activities, let alone brains.
    All my exercise regimes starts with a gusto ends up as busvanam
    You are an inspiration to me
    Jaya

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha Twinsmom....

Loved your attempt at kick starting self motivation. In turn, looks like you have given us all a kick in the 'you know where' to gather whatever motivation we might have...:rotfl

As always, a pleasure to read your blogs and this too got religiously nominated to the FP forum...Congrats!:thumbsup

Don't know if I picked up on my motivations, I certainly added to my vocabulary after reading your hilarious attempt at walking...Yep..'waistful' (which I am:(), 'vividh blogathi'....:bowdown You do have a knack with words..!!

Yet, even this excellent write up is not sufficient to drive away my lethargy and get me walking...it only gets me going...to read more of your blogs!

L, Kamla

7. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Hi Sudha,

".....let me see if self motivation or your blog will motivate me to move a muscle at least!...."

Did it happen?

....I do that on my long train rides and sometimes burst out laughing at the jokes of Suki Sivam and get wierd glances from my fellow travellers.....

That's quiet likely to happen in my case too.... I can NOT control laughter!

8. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Hello Sriniketan,

I tried the treadmill.... but it is a psychologically lost battle for me. I never get the satisfaction when I tread the mill... For once the blank wall... for another, I never reach anywhere even after walking on...and on... and on...! and finally, the phone calls... Sigh!

9. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Hi Knot2 share,

Have you started yet? Thank you for the nice comment.

10. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Sheeba....
    Thank you for migrating from the loftier hills of Poessy to the plains of prose... I am happy you liked my prose writing... I enjoy it much more... Do keep visiting...:)