1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kick Starting On Self Motivation

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by twinsmom, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Amywos

Amywos Bronze IL'ite

Dear Twinsmom,

YES ! I did go for it and did enjoy the feeling... Not only in terms of exercising / walking, I wanted to apply this 'overcoming of laziness or whatever' and DO what we WANTED to do... Even for today I have charted down all the tasks that I wanted to complete without procrastinating.

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Your thread indeed motivated me to start some exercising...I am ready for anything under the sun..except never initiated exercising..some how i keep postponing it...so thanks for kick starting me.. :)

3. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Hi Tanoshii,

I can see from your profile that you do move a lot - between Chennai and Karnataka... Where in Karnataka? Bengalooru?

4. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Hello Malathi,

Thank you for your glowing words of praise. It gives such joy when someone appreciates your writing....and IL is special because of the excellent response you get from readers... As good as royalty!

As for using an IPod... Bhadravathi is still far away from trappings of cities and an IPod toting female in the early morning hours may be vulnerable to mugging!

5. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

HI Padmini,
    I agree with everything you have said.... except one clause...."Not only does it aid muscle growth and toning,...."

I have enough muscles without more growing on me.... In fact ... I am just toning down with my walk... I haven't reduced even a gram! You really scared me!:rotfl:rotfl

6. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Hi Kamalji,

If you do the chakkar in our park, you will be really disappointed with the females you'll come across.... They are pretty alright... pretty old.... pretty fat and pretty covered up ( in sweaters and scarves!!!) As for the males, less said the better!

7. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Dear Lakshmi,
    Can you tell me which hormone will motivate my legs to increase the number of laps??? And how to get my body to activate THAT?

I am sticking to the routine.... And hope to do it daily....annually!:)

8. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Hi Amywos,

That's great! So you are on the move now....

Well... I think 'procrastination' is a lovely word. It kind of sums up my very existence.... A childhood friend of mine used to say" NaaLe, NaaLedi NeeLedi... NeeLe , NeeLe...Punah, punah!

9. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Hello Sri Vidya,

Aahhh! I have just motivated myself into walking. Exercises....??? I am still very LAZY about the very idea!:hide:

10. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Hey Twinsmom. Yup am from Bengaluru. Moved here just recently and hope to stay put for sometime :) ..