Khir Bhawani Temple

Discussion in 'Delhi & NCR' started by charandeepkaur, Mar 3, 2009.

1. charandeepkaur

charandeepkaur New IL'ite

The Historic Temple of Khir Bhiwani was built by Maharaja Pratap Singh in 1912 & later renovated by Maharaja Hari Singh. Situated at Tullamula in the Srinagar district, it is an important Hindu Shrine. The temple is associated with the hindu godess, Ragnya Devi. Surrounded by steams, the place abounds in Chinar tree in-and-around the compound Complex within which is a hexagonal Spring wherein diety of Godess Ragyna is decorated in a small white Marble Temple. It is believe that Lord Rama worshipped Mother Ragyna during his exile & desired Hanuman ji to shift the seat of Mother after the expiry of exile period, who bought it to Shadipora and was latter shifted to present to present site as per the wish of devine Mother Ragnya conveyed in dream to one Pandit Rugnath Gadroo.

Can anybody tell me how to reach Khir Bhavani Temple?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009

2. aahna

aahna New IL'ite

How to reach Khir Bhawani Temple

Hi! Charandeep,
    I am glad that you have asked. Because I can help you how to reach there. Well It wont be 'go left and then go right'.

Khir Bhavani lies in the Ganderbal tehsil of Srinagar District and the nearest Airport is approx. 25 Kms away in Badgam Distt.This Airport is connected with major cities of India. The nearest Rail Head is at Jammu which is 300 Kms away and from there National Highway NH1A connects the Kashmir valley with India.Every sort of transport to suit every budget from Buses to Taxis ply on this Highway. It Takes around 10 to 12 hours to cross this mountaineous road which crosses some beautiful spots and the famous Jawahar Tunnel linking Kashmir Valley with India. Regular bus service with normal fares are available from various points in the city. Taxi and other modes of conveyance can be chartered also.

Hope you find the way...
    Anyone can help Charandeep with better ideas?