1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Keksi and Draupadi - Ladies from Ancient India

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by zipzipzoomzoom, Jul 10, 2011.

1. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

I really believe ladies can learn a lot from Keksi and Draupadi.

Keksi was the mother of Raavan. She had spunk and even battled cannibles on her way to the Rishi's ashram, where she was ADAMANT on marrying him, even though he was already married. Her end goal was to restore Lanka back to the Asuras.

OK, even though Keksi is on the wrong side of history, I admire her spunk. I wish I could be assertive like that, especially when dealing with people on a day-to-day basis.

Just now, my father asked me to do a very simple task, related to finance and I have resistance to performing it because I feel I will fall flat on my face because I am the opposite of Keksi in that I lack spunk. He wants me to learn how to take care of myself because one day, he may be no longer.

I really don't want to beat myself up, because I tend to have this pattern, and Ladies on these Blogs and Forums do their best to console me, but reading about someone beating themselves up must be so exhausting....

I felt sorry for the Rishi's wife upon Keksi marrying her husband. The Rishi's wife tried to kill herself, but her son, the King of Lanka stopped her.

Of course, there is Karma, and in the end, Raavan is killed by Ram, the reincarnation of Vishnu, for which he obtained moksha (release, or redemption).

Now, Draupadi, was on the right side of history. When she was humiliated at that Dice game by the Kauravas, she spoke out, even as her five husbands sat with their heads hanging in shame.

Even in exile, Draupadi reminded her five husbands of her insult. Draupadi had confidence in herself, and kept reminding herself she is the daughter of a powerful king, she is married to five powerful men, she is the mother of five powerful princes.

I need to keep reminding myself that I am a child of God, and I have God's blessing, and my father's love.

2. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

Nice post again Z4. BTW, did you ever post about how you came up with your username? Its as interesting and unique as your forum and blog posts, pls. keep them coming! :)

3. zipzipzoomzoom

Actually, I created it on a whim. Originally, I wanted JhoomBarabarJhoom, but was unable to get it. Then I thought of something that rhymed, hence ZipZipZoomZoom :)

That's a great way to think about it. I will keep that in mind whenever I have to do something difficult. Of course, this will take lots of practice on my part...

I definately look forward to this!

HAHAHA, I'm happy to create such blog entries!

4. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai Z,

A very nice post. nodoubt all are GOD's child only.If they were bad also in the ancient days they were directly punished by the LORD and brought the real truth to the world my dear IL.

5. zipzipzoomzoom

And please check out episode 22, where the Rishi forsees the future of each of his four children - Karma indeed!