1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Keeping yourself motivated on H4

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by meenan, Apr 23, 2014.

1. meenan

meenan New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

As many of IL's are successfull in keeping themselves motivated on H4.Please share some of your experiences on how you cope yourself to keep motivated everyday as i am struggling in this process.

Thanks in advance,

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014

2. lalithabrahma

lalithabrahma Bronze IL'ite

Hi Meenan

First you must pat yourself on your back for having courage to come up and express your true feelings. I have been there about 15 years back, not anymore. Being a Branch manager in a bank and having led a busy life, it was a big challenge.
    I had to think and do things differently. Please do not take it as my advice, but give yourself permission to explore these thoughts and ideas.
    1. Watch your language. Instead of struggle, ask yourself the question...Now that I have the time, what is one hobby that I can pursue now?
    2. I started learning devotional songs from internet.
    3. It helped me keep my soul enriched to run my day inspired.
    4. Consider volunteering some where either offline or online.
    5. Spend quality time with yourself and start doing Yoga, meditation, reading a book.

Bottomline-Train on Mindset shift first, and then self motivation will unfold. Wish you all the best!

1 person likes this.
  3. meenan

meenan New IL'ite

Hi LalithaBramha,
    Thank you for replying and sharing your experiences and thoughts.I'm sure its helpful to me.

4. lalithabrahma

lalithabrahma Bronze IL'ite

I am glad it was helpful

5. meenan

meenan New IL'ite

Hi tilottama

Thank you for sharing your experiences.Even i was thinking of volunteering so that it keeps me busy for some time.

6. ananyakiran

ananyakiran Gold IL'ite

First few months on h4 i was really bored and depressed.I hated living in USA.
    BUt later I started thinking what were other things in life I wanted to do besides work...
    It was writing, I always wanted to write and so I started a blog called ANANYA TALES and within few days, the response I got surprised me. I knew nothing of blogging, every day I spent time knowing what is the internet blog world all about.
    Its been just 5 months that I started my Ananya Tales and now it has become a very imp part of my life. It also gave me new opportunities in life ..
    I have now become he featured contributor on Indian community website SULEKHA, I feel so happy... I think free time is BOON IN DISGUISE if we are able to channel it properly :)

7. meenan

meenan New IL'ite

Hi ananyaKiran

Thank you so much for replying.I got inspired by hearing your work.It really feels good.
    All the best

8. geetuthegr8

geetuthegr8 New IL'ite

Hi ladies,

im geetu new to IL.I live in atlanta dunwoody ,am a h4 home maker and i want to do some volunteer jobs near my home.can anybody tell about any volunteer jobs in atlanta dunwoody?