Keeping Sri Narasihma-Lakshmi at door, advices please

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by JayaBholenath, Oct 27, 2012.

1. JayaBholenath

JayaBholenath New IL'ite

Vanakkam everyone,

I have a question relating keeping a picture of Narasimha Lakshmi at your door. I have read a swami say that it is very auspicious, as Sri Narasimha destroy evil that enter the house and keep Mata Lakshmi in the house because she is on his lap and stay in the house.

But some devotee told me to absolutely not have Sri Narasimha in house, because bad things will happen to me

I don't know what to do, do you have advices or experiences with this issue please ?

Thank you

Aum Namah Shivaya

2. insha

insha Gold IL'ite

Keep the picture wherein Lakshmi is on the lap of Narasimhar.It is said that she will put him at peace.Infact we have this picture at home.

3. dave08

dave08 New IL'ite

Hi,

I agree with the above comment. Many people would agree that the Ugra Narasimha form would be disastrous if kept in the house, especially when not worshiped properly.

Worshiping Sri Narasimha as Lakshmi Narasimha ie. in a shanta form would be advisable. However, I would still advice you to worship Lakshmi Narasimha with the appropriate rites and rituals to get full benefits. You definitely don't want the shanta Lakshmi Narasimha to turn into an Ugra form!

Sri Rama Jeyam

1 person likes this.
  4. JayaBholenath

JayaBholenath New IL'ite

Vanakkam,

Thank you for your advices and answers ! Knowledge is a blessing
    As I don't know precisely the correct rituals, I will refrain from keeping Shanti Narasimha at home until I get the proper knowledge.

I know a man who was approched in dream by Narasimha, and urged the man to worship Him...Surprisingly the friend began to worship Ugra Narasimha and Lakshmi Narasimha. He does not know the precise rituals like me, still he seems to be blessed by the grace of Narasimha ! He was invited by Narasimha, but I am not, hence I shall refrain from doing the same.

Sri Narasimha is a king: I shouldn't enter His palace without being uninvited or not knowing how to behave correctly !

Thank you very much for your answers again !

_/\_

1 person likes this.
  5. megane

megane New IL'ite

hi
    Even i have a question that keeping chamuneshvari photo at home is good as she is also ugra devadai...
    replay please ..
    thanku

6. dave08

dave08 New IL'ite

Hi,

Jayabholenath you are most welcomed. Kindly post in this thread if you have more information regarding the above.

Megane, is Goddess Chamundeswari also known as Durga sitting on tiger with 8 arms holding weapons and showing abhya mudra ?

If yes, then you most definitely can keep the photo as She is a shanta form of Devi. Abhaya mudra represents protection, peace, benevolence, and dispelling of fear.

If no, can you describe Goddess Chamundeswari's qualities? If Goddess Chamundeswari has an ugra form like Mahishasura Mardini, Pratyangira Devi or Varahi, then it would not be suitable to be kept in the house UNLESS proper rites and rituals are given.

There are certain group who are of Shakta faith who keep ugra forms of Devi like Dasamukhi Kali, Bhadrakali, Pratyangira Devi and Varahi even in idol forms in their home. However, I believe they do the proper rites and rituals to appease their Istha Goddess. To them, if you show real love and devotion, these ugra Goddesses will be like a fierce Mother protecting their children from all dangers and at the same time showering love to them.

I hope this helps.

Sri Rama Jeyam

2 people like this.