1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Keeping in touch makes everyone happy

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jul 9, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I’ve learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.
    Maya Angelou

A gentle touch, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment or the smallest act of caring all this can turn a life around.I think in the present world we are in touch more with our friends from all parts of the world than our own relatives because of internet. Many people dont keep in touch with their relatives in the same place. Yesterday I was surprised to know that a friend of mine does not know her sister's phone number also who stays in Bombay only. Then I was thinking I also dont remember my sister's phone number but she does not stay in Bombay and since I have stored her number in my mobile I did not feel necessary to remember her number. But the phone numbers of my brothers and other relatives I know it by heart.

Some of our relatives dont phone the person concerned to find out how they are and other details but phone the person whom they are in touch always and find out about everyone. Some have mobiles but are very particular in making use of it and phone only when it is very important.

But thanks to Mobile Phone Technology -- which helps in enriching one's relationship in the simplest of ways. Call and message rates have drastically reduced over the years. This in turn has made it easier for people to send their loved ones latest love messages and latest love quotes all day long.

It is often just enough to be with someone. I don't need to touch them. Not even talk. A feeling passes between you both. You're not alone.
    Marilyn Monroe

7 people like this.

2. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vitamin Viji aunty,

A warm and sweet post aunty....just like a glass of warm milk and honey....:)

I agree, being in touch definitely touches the heart of the person touched...( I have cribbed to my dad a few times " Pa why I should only call uncles, aunts....? are my cousins calling you?" and later understood that by calling others and touching them, they feel better....and my cousins are yet to understand that.....)

I like the way you touch us everyday with a sweet snippet aunty....:thumbsupThank you.....:)

2 people like this.
  3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Yes viji, It feels very nice to keep in touch. Nothing cheers me up more than an email or a letter from a long lost friend :) but with so much technology available people still don't do it. There are no excuses for that except that they don't want to keep in touch.I have given up on such people :)

3 people like this.
  4. Akkinenirockz

Akkinenirockz Bronze IL'ite

It refreshes me when I am stressed in work..Good share to read..Thanks

1 person likes this.
  5. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

Yes, absolutely. A small phone call, a SMS or E mail or meeting, if in the same city, remembering birthdays, a small act of compassion and affection....all these make relationships closer. So many types of communication methods are there.....not keeping in touch is no excuse. We need not count if others are doing or not.....but if we do, in course of time it would come back. Wouldn't there be more warmth in life. Definitely yes. Encouraging children from childhood to wish others and explain them the relationships....they feel closer when they grow up. Parents would not be there forever. If we sih some one on their birthday we can ask our son or daughter also to wish them. When I open my mail box first thing I look is for personal messages and then forwards. A small warm personal message is more valuable than a beautiful forward.

I like Maya Angelou very much.

Syamala

1 person likes this.
  6. sumathegreat

sumathegreat Silver IL'ite

Viji aunty you are 100% right.. We feel very happy when we listen to the voice of our near and dears especially when we are staying away from home..I felt extremely relaxed when one of my IL friend called me from US when my mother passed away recently... But my relative who stays in australia did not call me.. Actually my IL friend doesn't know my contact number.. still she found ways to contact me.. We should have a good heart then god will show the good path.

4 people like this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Bhargavi dear thanks for the first fb. Oh glad that my post is like a glass of warm milk and honey, so sweet. Only some people understand the importance of calling and making the other person feel happy.

I like the way you touch us everyday with a sweet snippet aunty....:thumbsupThank you.....

Thanks for your sweet words and making my day

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Mindi dear true when we get email or letter from a log lost friend we feel very happy. Yesterday I was so happy that two of my friends who were working with me called yesterday. Both were close. One from Bombay and another friend is in US now. I was so happy an dwe had a long chat. Also I got a call from IL friend. So yesterday was keeping in touch with my close friends

1 person likes this.
  9. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Viji
    I should say that from Maya Angelou to Marilyn Monroe you have covered quite a distance here. One was a stunner in a physical sense and the other is a stunner by the range of her wisdom. The noteworthy point here is that both are profusely quoted. Words uttered by one are not a patch on the words of the other. In physical appearance, the woman of wisdom is no match to the late actress. Why am I comparing them? Because I just remembered a quote of Joseph Addison that 'Arguments out of a pretty mouth are unanswerable!'

Keeping in touch and touching are all part of the famous 'Kattipudi Vadyam' which has been in vogue for a long time but only after Kamal Hassan's Vassool Raja, every one recommends it strongly. The much revered Ma Amirthanandamayi is well known for her hugs of her devotees. But Nityananda's hugs landed him in jail. So I don't take a chance. I stop my hugs with words!
    Sri

4 people like this.
  10. pranatim

pranatim Platinum IL'ite

Very nice thought I must say. A small gesture works wonder. I loved the way you have explained. Everyday talking or mailing or even a sms means a lot to others also end of the day we feel so happy. Nice post as always.

1 person likes this.