1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Keeping food hot for party

Discussion in 'Birthday Party Planning' started by rashi2481, Apr 8, 2011.

1. rashi2481

rashi2481 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I am going to celebrate my son's first birthday party at home itself:).Planning to prepare all Indian food.Was wondering how to keep it hot so that I don't have to heat it at the last moment.
    Please give your valuable ideas.:cheers

Thanks

2. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

This is a very good question and I too would like to know all the different methods people use...

3. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Well this is what I know from the parties that I have gone to...they get those aluminum containers for food with the stand and candle in small canisters that sits underneath these stand. You can actually light the candle thingy once you have guests start to arrive and keep it till they leave..that way the food is warm throughout the time.

They are not expensive things, the candle canisters costs about $ 5 each. You can get the aluminum food containers with stand at any of the Party Stores.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  4. kalaprabha

kalaprabha Silver IL'ite

Rashi i guess you will be using the aluminium foil trays for keeping the prepared dishes for the party.You can keep the trays in conventional oven in warm setting just 30 -45 mins before
    the party starts.Cover the food with aluminium foil which you want to retain moisture and others like appetizers can be made last and kept without covering in oven.My simple suggestion hope it helps.
    Good luck and Happy b'day wishes to your son.

5. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

^ One can tell that (g)Jay is the paaarty-gal :)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  6. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

I have always used microwavable containers and used to reheat everything:rant.It is time consuming and boring.I will not have to time to chat with the guests.

Jaya's idea seems to be good.Let me check it for those stands.Thanks OP for the thread.

7. rashi2481

rashi2481 New IL'ite

Hi,
    Thanks for your reply.Was wondering if you are asking me to heat food before the guests come; In that case how long can i keep it in oven without getting the food cooked and what should be the oven temperature?
    Thanks for helping me out...
    Rashi