1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Keep Your EQ High while Cooking

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anukarsha, May 18, 2010.

1. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi All!
    Today, I wanna write something very thought provoking and worth applying in daily life. Friends are you all with me? This is called Emotional Quotient. You please notice one thing that when the person who cooks in your household is in a good mood; a simple day-to-day dish also feels very tasteful while if the mood is not good, it just spoils the taste. Or you give the same ingredients to five different people and ask them to prepare the same dish. The outcome will be different. Why so? This is because of the presence of a very important ingredient called “Emotions”. If you are happy the food tastes nice otherwise not.
    When I was a small child, my mom and aunty would cook nice food for us. And if I am sitting with them chitchatting, they would always tell me, baby, when you would grow up no, never cook half-heartedly. Put your heart into everything you do and you will see miraculous results. And yes, I also kept it in my mind and I always take utmost care.
    I would like to cite a unique example of a person I know. Earlier I had my business. Here, I met an elderly person; everybody would call him ‘Dadaji’ (Grandpa) fondly. He owned a super-shoppe some 15 years back. He had 5 sons. They all lived in a big bungalow. There was one big kitchen, common for all and all individual rooms too had a sort of small kitchen with just a small fridge, gas stove and things required to make early morning tea. Dadaji would get up early around 5 in the morning and have his first tea with his wife. Later as the sons and daughters-in-law woke up, he would go to every room and have quarter cup tea with them. And depending upon the taste he would understand about the mood of every daughter-in-law. Though this sounds quite unbelievable but since I have been with him for almost 5 years, I know this Dadaji had a unique quality, unique observation. He would then talk to them and solve their problems if any.
    I used to wonder, if Dadaji could get the feel of emotions only through a quarter cup of tea, then emotions must be really quite conspicuous in the food we cook.
    If you are not in a very good mood while cooking, please divert your mind by putting nice songs on and try to control your negative emotions. The results will be visible to you.
    So friends! If you want an all happy and healthy family-“Raise your Emotional Quotient”!
    Cheers J

2. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

I always believed that when we are in good spirits while cooking, the dishes always turn out yummy.

I for most of the time, keep singing devotionals or chanting slokas or even humming film songs and keep myself in great mood and my people at home as well as office enjoy whatever I make. My DH makes the comment - i wanted to get you a new pair of golden bangles for the lovely dishes made!!!

I have also noticed that on days when am disturbed at mind, the dishes turn out so so!!!!!!

So rightly said, keep your EQ high while cooking.

3. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear anukarsha,
    You have wonderfully explained the EQ while cooking which is very true.
    How many of us believe that food we intake plays a major role in our mental and physical health? All of us know that it is very important to have proper diet to avoid physical illness. But, how many of us have realised that it also plays a vital role in improving our mental health. I would say less than 1%.Hope you agree with me.A very important fact is that, when we cook, our thoughts play a major role. For example, if we are in an irritated mood while cooking, the taste of food will be hot even if we have put the correct proportion of ingredients. Our thoughts flow into the food we cook and produce an impact by reducing or increasing the nutrition of the food and also affect the taste of the food. There are examples where food even after 2 to 3 days of preservation has not got spoiled due to positive thoughts during cooking. Thus, food can heal our illness if cooked with positive thoughts. Hence we will have to make sure that we don’t fight with our husband or children before cooking, as it will highly influence the food we cook and will lead to illness- both physical and mental. Being happy in the kitchen often means being happy at the table. So the next time you feel the need to relax in the kitchen after a horrible day, remember to think positive. Both you and the people you're feeding will be happy you did.
    with love
    pad

4. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear soldier for your loving feedback.I am happy that you also agree with my views.thanks.regs-anu:)

5. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Dear padmini!thanks for your feedback and support.yes, it is utmost important to be happy while cooking.it actually brings overall good health to our family.regs-anu:)