1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Keep your best wishes, close to your heart and watch what happens” ― Tony DeLiso,

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Dec 8, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride" is an English language proverb and nursery rhyme, originating in the 16th century, which is usually used to suggest that it is useless to wish and that better results will be achieved through action.

True we will have so many wishes but all our wishes cant be fulfilled. Wishes should be genuine which can be fulfilled. Everyone has so many dreams and so many wishes. Only rare peope like my sister and dh dont have any wishes. They take life as it comes and are happy with what they have.

But there is no harm in expecting something and if that wish is fulfilled we feel so thrilled and happy, especially when we get it without even expecting. I used to think never in my life we will get an opportunity to go by flight. But was so thrilled when my daughter in law's father booked air ticket for us to attend the Reception of my son and dil in Calcutta. So first time we went by flight to Calcutta. I was so thrilled. After that twice we got a chance to go by flight

Then I used to think I will never have an opportunty to go abroad. If anyone was good in seeing the palm and telling the future I used to ask them whether I have luck to go abroad. But they gave their answer in negative only. But when we got an opportunity to go to Dubai I was so thrilled. In 2007 was the first time we went to Dubai but that time I had not joined IL. We enjoyed our stay in Dubai for two months, visiting places and that too my son in law's friend used to take us by car and everyday I used to wait whether we will get a chance to go out. Again last year we got a chance to go to Dubai and that time I was so happy to meet so many IL friends. So my wish of going abroad was also fulfilled

Keep your best wishes, close to your heart and watch what happens”
    ― Tony DeLiso, Legacy: The Power Within

You all know I cant keep anything in my heart. Only when I let it out I feel happy. Every year I wish that my son should get a baby but I get disappointed by the end of the year

Sometimes struggles are what we need in life. If God allowed us to go through our life without any obstacles, it would cripple us. We would not be strong as what we would have been. We could never fly

I asked for strength but God gave me difficulties to make me strong
    I asked for wisdom but God gave me problems to solve
    I asked for prosperity but God gave me brain and brawn
    I asked for courage but God gave me danger to overcome
    I asked for love but God gave me troubled people to help
    I asked for favours but God gave me opportunities

The above things God gave me and I learnt a lesson. I mean he gave difficulties which made me strong, wisdom which helped me to solve my problems, brain , danger and I overcould my problems, and opportunities

It is always the simple things that change our lives. And these things never happen when you are looking for them to happen. Life will reveal answers at the pace life wishes to do so. You feel like running, but life is on a stroll. This is how God does things.
    Donald Miller quotes

I know God knows when to fulfill my wish of having a grand child through my son, so I will wait patiently. I should be happy that atleast my children got settled in life and glad that my two daughters adopted a baby. Everytime when they have Rudram they have Vasurdarai where you say your wish and it will be fulfilled and I pray to God. Only thing why I feel bad is why among my three children , my two daughters could not conceive and atleast they are my daughters and why my dil also did not conceive. Glad that God gave me children otherwise I would not be what I am today would have gone into depression.

Sorry dearies everyone is writing humerously and I am writing this but what to do I can share my feelings only with you all na. By now you all must be tired of hearing from me about not having grandchild through my son.

I hope in 2013 I will get good news and I can say atlast I have become a grandmother.

3 people like this.

2. navis

navis Gold IL'ite

Re: Keep your best wishes, close to your heart and watch what happens” ― Tony DeLiso

hi, vijima
    for long time i was hoping to give u the first like and fb and today i suceed. i an not that experienced or great to bless someone with the fruit of living but will surely pray and keep ur petition in our family prayer.
    wish u all with the great news u always wanted vijima

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

Re: Keep your best wishes, close to your heart and watch what happens” ― Tony DeLiso

Navis dear how are you? Glad to know that you wanted to give the first like and fb and you succeeded today. I am also happy to receive your like and your fast fb which has made my day and brought a smile on my face. Thanks dear for your sweet message and your prayers .

4. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vijima, I just got this thought when reading your post....why cant you try visiting Thirukarikavur once with your son and dil, or may be you and your DH in favour of your son. I personally believe that She is most powerful goddess for this problem. They also give some ghee prasad which should be consumed by the couple.
    Many of them have benefited out of this and so powerful too...

Like your other wishes, God will definitely fulfill this important wish so soon...do not worry....

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

Thank you Bhucat dear for your concern. We had recently visited Garba Rakshambigai kovil in June and got the ghee and my son and dil had it too. Let me hope as you say that this wish also will be fulfilled soon.

6. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vijima,
    Kavalaiya vidunga, by the next june (2013) a good news is awaiting for you reagrding this. :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

Thank you so much Bhucat dear , you made my day with your sweet message

8. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dearest Viji aunty,
    That's a sweet and positive post aunty....just in time when we are gearing up for the new year.....:bowdown
    May this new year fulfill our best wishes that are in our hearts.....:)
    Your new avatar is sweet aunty.....May kutti Krishna come to your home this year.....:)

1 person likes this.
  9. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Vijima,

Your wish will be fullfilled soon, don't worry...Have you heard about the book "The Secret" similar to what you have written here "Keep your best wishes, close to your heart and watch what happens".

1 person likes this.
  10. arthimahalakshm

arthimahalakshm Gold IL'ite

Hi viji mam,
    don't worry.your wish to have a grandchild will be fulfilled.i have given a link.please go through it.
    http://doddamallurtemple.net/route.htm
    kindly read the miracles in this page

1 person likes this.