1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Keep Smiling

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by nandinimithun, Jul 26, 2011.

1. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

A smile, the language that even a tiny baby understands… a small curve which sets things straight so simple yet so profound for it truly changes many things .It makes a path in difficult situations, it clears the awkwardness of a first meeting, it helps cool down a situation that is heating up…. Someone so rightly said “A smile is a light in the window of the soul, indicating that the heart is at home.”

A couple of weeks ago my husband suggested we start an experiment within ourselves, based on something he had read. To wake up each day with a smile, not just an empty curve on lips but a real smile from deep within the heart…. one that reflected in eyes, just to simply enjoy the joy of being alive… no sooner we started to doing this experiment, I decided to forget the pain of the difficult situations life keeps throwing my way and to smile through it all…A smile that came from the deep corner of the heart …one that involves your eyes, your expressions and keeping that feeling going right through the day. Automatically you find that your lips are curving upwards all the time. To then go back to bed smiling for having been able to sustain that smile right through the day.

Weird though the experiment initially seemed, it’s funny how I find my attitude, outlook, and mood changing day by day. The forgotten little things from years ago that made my heart happy, started making me smile again. I find myself more patient, the day seems brighter and I find people find me more approachable . I sense a new ability in my life to face anything with a smile, a loss of fear, an inner confidence that keeps me calm and happy, and ofcourse with a smile.
    I see more goodness in the people around me and I find forgiving and accepting comes easier as well. I see that I can smile through my tears too …. Something that makes even pain bearable.

A smile , it may be the only ray of sunshine that someone may see today, a smile, that may be the only word of encouragement to someone else , it may just brighten up someone’s mood, give someone hope, change someone’s attitude for better… A smile that can win so many friends. it can show someone you care, it can make someone feel cherished and wanted….Smile because it gives you wonderful memories to cherish…..Smile for you never know , you may be changing someone’s life .
    So go ahead n be generous with your smiles, not just to others but to yourself as well and see how it changes things around you

Smile and create a chain reaction around as its simply contagious, relieves stress, makes you more attractive and definitely keeps your mood upbeat!
    What started as a simple experiment has now remained with me and it will remain forever.
    Thanks for my hubby darling for introducing this simple yet powerful experiment to me

So don’t forget to have the small curve on your face….

2. VinuSam143

VinuSam143 New IL'ite

A smile is an inexpensive way to change your looks.

Nice Post nandinimithun

3. nandinimithun

hi vinu

thanx for d comment, smile is a small curve that sets things straight :)

4. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Nice one Nandini..true that if we keep smiling always it will really change our mind also really positive...

5. nandinimithun

hi om

thank u.............. Ya true smile makes a lot of difference to ourselves and to our loved ones.

6. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai nandi,

SMILE is a powerful tool to make others happy because it comes from your heart with happiness. Appreciate your skills your heart will be very light and a small cute curve will come on your face. Thanks for sharing my dear SMILEY:):):):)

7. nandinimithun

hi sree,

thank u for d comment :) go ahead start ur day with a smile and be generous to give it others also and am sure u will see a bright day ahead :)