1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Keep everyone guessing!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hey, thanks, Le C.
    Why stop with idli & payasam?
    I will plan on Kollu pudding & Kollu ice cream !
    Great ideas !!
    Love,
    Chithra.
    For a change, instead of the horses, the person who leads me on to wishes becoming horses, will also get a share.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanthi
    I always consider your fb's as value addition to my threads! You have come out with really thought provoking statements. I agree that consistency is a must for people who are on a fitness regime or dieting but I hardly find them suitable for company! I very carefully avoid going with dieters for lunch or dinner! I love a gourmet even if he is very consistent!
    I agree that change is the only constant thing in life and that makes inconsistency a complementary virtue! And I also agree that consistency in certain areas is never boring. It is the combination of consistency and unpredictability that has made Mr.Bean an adorable character! How boring it will be if a person is both consistent and predictable!
    Sri

3. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    If you start giving recipes for western dishes, make sure that your fans pronounce the names properly. I have indicated in another thread what would happen if the name of a dish is mispronounced!
    I have always wondered why a savoury item eaten before a meal(courtesy: OED) is called a 'hors d'oeuvre'. Now I know!
    Sri

4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,
    You are a real naughty old man, can't help saying !
    I write QUICHE very clearly & you purposely reply
    make sure that your fans pronounce the names properly.
    Remember, you are interacting with a typical Mylapore Mami & not a fun-loving youngster !
    A man is a man is a...........
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Cheeniya

Thank the Almighty you did not say 'Boys will be boys!'
    But seriously, I have come across people who pronounce champagne as champagni as if it is some form of fire! When I go to Star hotels and order for Continental menu, I just order for the desired item by pointing at it with my index finger. I never take any chances!
    Sri

6. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hello Cheeniya

The word "Consistency" pulled me to your thread.
    "Consistency" is like a household word and dear hubby Sathy always keep telling me I am the most inconsistent person on Earth. He always says I am not consistent in the daily routines too - getting up early, walk in the morning, preparing dinner on time, watching my share prices and his list goes on.

When I read this article, I made sure Sathy also read it. It bought a big grin in his face.
    Next time the word consistency is uttered in my home, I will sure quote Mark Twain's concluding statement.
    Thanks for this eye-opening article, next time I am inconsistent let me say that I keep Sathy & my kids guessing.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  7. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir ,
    <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Ur</st1:place></st1:City> post was really an eye- opener for me . I ‘ve decided to be an inconsistent person hereafter ! <st1:City><st1:place>Ur</st1:place></st1:City> words that changed me a lot are :

Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  8. Cheeniya

Dear Laxmi
    I am happy that my article has made Sathy understand your inconsistency better! The only thing we should endeavour to be consistent about is our inconsistency! Consistency may be a virtue but it certainly makes a person very boring. So Sathy should be happy if you are inconsistent.
    Sri

9. Cheeniya

10. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Hello Cheeniya,

A wonderful write-up & even wonderful feedbacks – like everyone’s said you bring out the best in us and make us think of the unthinkable topics in the world. Hats off to you, Sir!!!!!!!!
    How do you come out with such different write-ups every time?????? You always leave me wondering…..
    Now, I’m not able to decide on C or IC – I feel in daily life (personal) being C is a virtue. It’s easier that way to tune to some kind of a pattern, rhythm, a routine in our life that makes our day-to-day chores simpler and easy to handle –
    IC does make our life a little spicier at times – secrecy maintained in gifts, next outing, next travel destination, our own stock markets, next movie of Steven Spielberg, the next recipe of Chitra, the next topic of your Esteemed Self, etc. etc. etc.
    IC is surely a virtue to corporate, politics, movies – anything work related. I’m reminded of the al-Qaeda’s IC too.
    I just saw the news and TATA’S Nano, 1 lakh car is finally out and the amt of excitement in the market, wow, these newsmakers.

BTW, reading all the replies, I’m just wondering if I missed any of those kollu recipes. Very consistent healthy recipes from our very own Kitchen Queen.
    I do consistently follow Chitra so this distraction –

Hello, Chitra, I’m ready for the Quiche recipe??? When are you posting it??? what, you mean, I shld go to your forum???? Okay okay, I just forgot I’m still here in Cheeniya Sir’s thread… see you there, Chitra. Love, Hugs & Kis……… (Oh, my God, what am I doing???? Is this what consistency mean ??? so much used to signing off my replies to CV with L Hs Ks)

Now, to be OR not to be –