1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kaun Banega Bakra

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Kaun Banega Bakra

Idd is nearing, and goats are being auctioned for Idd. And there are record prices at times a lakh or two for a goat get’s many people’s goat, but look at this one.

Rs 48 lakh was bid goat, owner said not less than 61 lakh 12903813

A guy named Govind Chaudhary from some part of Rajasthan, has a goat, which he brought to the auction place and the price he placed was 61 lakhs. What is so special for this goat ? Well the ears actually. The inside of both the ears of the goat, are scribbled with some urdu holy words, which has been confirmed by experts that they are natural .

Someone bid 48 lakhs, but our man refuses to take a penny less than 61 lakhs and took the goat home.The goat weighs 90 kgs, is kept in AC room and fed with dry fruits. Wow what a life eh ! A human may wish it, but what if he knows he will be slaughtered after he fattens eh !

Now after having refused, what if the goat dies a natural death ? Even the 48 lakhs gone eh ! and how can u cut a goat for 48 lakhs and eat it, if it is holy ! Mind boggling for me.

Well lets come to the other goats, going for 1 lakh and two lakhs, small frys these goats. Just as we name our goats, people name their goats after filmstars like Salman, Shahrukh, Amir and so on. And mind u, there are dozens of salmons and Shah Rukhs at the same spot up for auction. So these headlines tickle me, Shahrukh beats Salman, Shanrukh goes for 2 lakhs, Amir remains unsold !!!! HAHA

And it seems these lakh priced goats, they need to have their birth certificate, to know the linage of their parents and grandparents, nasal they call it .Wow.

I am a nonveg lover, and my contractors most of them are Muslims, so on Idd they bring meat to me, I refuse, for it is full of Charbi, that is fat. I cant digest it, and harsha kills me with her looks, for she is veg, remember. So I give it to my staff quietly tot ake home, so I don’t offend any.This is Prasad from them, and I dare not refuse, but I dare not eat too !!!!

And just as people are selling all things on Flipcart and OLX, today I read, somepeople have put their unsold goats on OLX, but there are no buyers, for people fear if the goats are sick etc etc. Who knows soon people will put their spouses on OLX, for sale or exchange eh ! You never know with the changing times.And how will the goat be packed and brought to u, I wonder !!!

The above was written yest, Thursday to be posted Friday that is today.Well some updates in todays papers, so I add this below.

Due to the meat ban, some goat sellers thought Mumbai will have great demand for goats, so they went there instead, to sell their goats. Well everyone thought so, so there was a glut of bakras, and against a demand of 2.5 lakhs goats, there came 4.5 lakhs. One fellow had bought a goat for 23000, thinking he would sell it for 35000, well he sold at a loss for 15000/-.

And well the Jains, they bought some 50 goats, to save them from slaughter, for 5 lakhs, their gurus blessed the goats, and they were carted away to a shed far away, where they will be fed, and taken care of, and where they will die their natural death, and will never be slaughtered.A very noble cause indeed.

====================================================================

A friend of mine was telling me about the pirated movies he gets from some video library, on his pendrive, for 30 bucks, no returning keep it for ever. I was curious and went to see , and he showed me Bajrangi Bhaijan, what a lovely print, no advts, too good. I asked him to ask the fellow if he gives old hindi songs too.

Yes said the library fellow. Cost ? 60 bucks per GB of songs, or MB, which means 150 songs, so that means 40 paise for a song. Im Sure if Mohamad Rafi or Mukesh were to know they are singing to people for 40 paise a song, they will commit suicide upstairs, and come falling down to earth very soon, to take revenge on these libraries fellows. So u can tell the library chap, listen I have 300 bucks to spare for the songs, listen , give me 100 worth of rafi, 25 worth of mukesh, 60 worth of kishore and so on.HAHA

There was a time, I wished that I was a singer, that people would listen to me after I am dead, but being sold like this , for peanuts, I am glad I am not a singer.How times change eh ! No CD players, now just fill in the songs in the pendrive, and paly it in the car, the backseat fellow can change the song with remote, play it on yr smart TV at home, and play it on yr computers, or mobile. Wonderful really for us, but not so good for the music companies, or the singers who sang them.

Long back, some 20 years back maybe, I had heard that AIR pays 1 rupee per song p layed on radio, to the singers family. So if all india level if 5000 mhd rafi songs are played everyday on radio, so 5000 bucks to the family each day ? Not bad eh ! Now I want to be a singer again.

Bye friends, have a great weekend.

KAMAL MAHTANI

Coffee never knew that it would taste so nice and sweet, before it met milk and sugar.

We are good as individuals but become better when we meet and blend with the right people...

"The world is full of nice people... If you can't find one... Be the one."

Haridwar tourism....

इससे पहले कि
    कोई आपको लाये
    मटकी में या ज़ार में....

कुछ दिन तो गुजारिये
    ज़िन्दा,
    हरिद्वार में ...

Fully-Nude British lady gets into taxi, Sindhi Driver looks at her top to bottom repeatedly..

British lady- haven't u ever seen a naked woman before??

Sindhi Driver: It's not that, I'm just wondering where have you kept the money to pay me..

MORAL: Concentrate on ur Business, no matter what happens..

Be professional..!!

क्या आपकी पत्नी के पास ये सब है?

सुलगता जिस्म
    नशीली आँखें
    कँपकँपाते होंठ
    थरथराता बदन
    .अगर है तो ये डेंगू के लक्षण हैं
    जनहित में ज़ारी~

These four classified ads appeared in a Gujarati newspaper on four Consecutive days. The last three hopelessly trying to correct the first day's mistake.

MONDAY:

For sale - SK Shah has a sewing machine for sale. Phone 2555-0707 after 7PM and ask for Mrs. Vani who lives with him cheap.

TUESDAY:

Notice: We regret having erred in SK Shah's ad yesterday.

It should have read, "One sewing machine for sale cheap. Phone 2555-0707 and ask for Mrs. Vani, who lives with him after 7PM."

WEDNESDAY:

Notice: SK Shah has informed us that he has received several annoying telephone calls because of the error we made in the classified ad yesterday.

The ad stands correct as follows: "For sale - SK Shah has a sewing machine for sale. Cheap. Phone 2555-0707 after 7PM and ask for Mrs. Vani who loves with him."

THURSDAY:

Notice: I, SK Shah, have no sewing machine for sale. I smashed it. Don't call 2555-0707 as I have had the phone disconnected.

I have not been carrying on with Mrs. Vani. Until yesterday, she was my housekeeper but she quit.

8 people like this.

2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Holy words in goat's ear and the goat costs as much as a mercedes?. I said in my response to your comment on my blog Getting My Goat, that you can make a fortune out of making people bakras or bakris.Wow like godmen looks like we have godgoats too. Will the so-called holy words protect the goat from slaughter Or will it assure the beastie a place in heaven where it will get an inexhaustible supply of 70 plus goat chicks?

3. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

omg very hard to believe this. how can a goat costs so much thta too just to get killed ..:eek
    and if holy words are written then i think has to preseve rather to kill.
    seriously what is happening to people where they keeping their heads i dont know.

BTW it was too funny about singers committing suicide :rotfl

4. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

kamalji, u are back.

religiously superstitious bakras bidding for a holy bakra for bakrid. great.
    this superstitions have no bounders of religion and region.

i think dengue symptoms are very hot literally.

definitely i would like to visit Haridwar before any one carry me there in a jar as i dont know whether the person will be interested to have a site seeing with me(jar) or not.

1 person likes this.
  5. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

dear Kamalji
    Huh to fool people even this trick OMG ...

6. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

WHAT....holy words in the ears of goat. and hence a goat costs 60 LAKHS...
    Kamal Sir, I hardly believe my ears...hope nothing written on my ears :rotfl
    Do we really have wealthy people to purchase a goat for 60 lakhs??? I like the part Jain people spent some amount to save those goats..
    I just loved about singers hitting the library wala. The ad on sewing machine..ha ha ha.. still laughing at this joke...

bahuth acchha Kamal Sir..

7. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

A very funny snippet sir. As I was reading it and about to laugh I would see your 'Ha..Ha" and was wondering do you laugh as you type :rotfl. Never knew about these pricey goat auction and all. Enjoyed reading it. Thank you!

8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamalji,

Rs.68 lakhs for a goat? It must have a skin made out of gold! Even if it is worth, who with a right frame of mind would slaughter such a goat? There are some expert Tattoo technicians in the US and if you like I can find their techniques from them how to inscribe some holy writings in their ears so that you can buy goats at Rs.20,000 each and after the Tattoo sell them for Rs.40 to Rs.60 lakhs during the fall. Even if it is only for a few months, you could earn more than what you could make for the whole year. A profit of Rs.39,80,000 to 59,80,000 per goat is a fortune I am sure as a great businessman, you would never turn down. You can pay me royalty of 5% for giving you the tattoo technique.

Oh boy! That Sindhi driver must be a very focused and shrewd businessman! That newspaper joke reminded me of a old Tamil movie joke by Cho Ramasamy. In a movie, he acted as a publisher of a newspaper and a guy comes and shouts at him for publishing a wrong obituary for his father when he was still alive. Cho immediately informs the irritated individual that he would publish a correction the next day stating, "We regret that so and so's father is not dead."

Viswa

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balaji,

Goat equals to a merc ? HAHA. good one dear.

Yes people like to be bakaras really.God goats ? :rotfl

Well te goat was brought for slaughter, and the fellow will now wait for the next ID, and if still not sold, he will slaughter himself for refusing the 48 lakhs. he bought it for 10 lakhs, not a bad profit eh !

Regards

kamal

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Twinkle,
    Well how can such a valuable goat get slaughtered, if it is holy, beats me too , like u.
    Well, oor singers eh ! their songs being sold like this.HAHA

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.