1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kashmir Files Movie

Discussion in 'Movies' started by chanchitra, Feb 28, 2022.

1. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

Girija Tickoo, a Kashmiri Pandit, had left the valley and had settled in Jammu in the wake of the “Azadi Movement” by the Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front. Girija worked as a laboratory assistant at Government High School, Trehgam before fleeing the valley.

One fine day, she received a call from her muslim colleague who told her that the hostile movement in the valley had ebbed and she can come to Bandipora and collect her salary. She was assured that she would return home safe and that the territory was now harmless. Little did she know that her movements were closely watched by her assassins. She was kidnapped from the home of her Muslim colleague and taken to an unknown place. People watched silently when she was being abducted for, they believed that she was a Kafir and that she deserved it.

Girija never returned home. Her body was found on the verge of the road and the postmortem revealed that she was gang-raped, and cut into two halves using a mechanical saw while she was still alive. It is also said that it was a carpenter saw. The human right activists and the government did not respond to the gory killing
    She was gang raped by many men ,one of them was her Muslim colleague whom she trusted.

I didn't want to post this previously because it's so gruesome.

2. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

Her neice and sister wrote

Attached Files:

3. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

I’m yet to watch one movie on one family of kar sevak who were burnt alive in the train .
    Not one .

chanchitra likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

One can't compare the status of a place vs religionstands of past with present. The animosity among religious zealots surfaced with greater intensity as if a pent up emotions concealed deep under water.

Viswamitra likes this.
  5. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

The full movie is on youtube for anyone who hasn't seen it yet:

Ranchu and chanchitra like this.
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The right to feel outraged is reserved for those whose feelings are hurt by cartoons. Hindus have to be tolerant, peaceful and appreciative of such humor:

When the F-word and the name of a Hindu deity/ God are taken are in the same breath, Hindus should take a deep breath and remain peaceful. Comedian hai bhai! It's his rozi-roti occupation/living.

If the above video is not viewable in India, this YouTube video has audio of the comedian's monolog at 1:15 in the video.

Last edited: May 24, 2022
    chanchitra likes this.
  7. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The US Government doesn’t participate in punishing anyone. The legal arm of the US has nothing to do with the Government, current or opposition. Judiciary in any country is separate from whoever wins elections and that’s how it’s supposed to be.
    The law is flawed even in the US. A white teen can cross state lines and shoot down an unarmed person and become a hero. He faces no consequences.
    The white wife of a sitting SCOTUS Justice colluded to bring down a lawfully elected government by interfering in the electoral process of two different states. I don’t see any action being taken against a seditionist. If anything, the said SCOTUS Justice is emboldened to do as his master bids.

There are travesties of Justice everywhere. Lady liberty is blind folded and sometimes that’s the opposite of what we want.

I really don’t understand the glorification of the US government. Politicians look at covering their own rear ends everywhere.

No, not all minorities in the US feel safe all the time. The women of child bearing ages are feeling very unsafe right now. An ectopic pregnancy means bleeding to death in states like mine. I don’t agree that everyone is safe in America and everything is fine.

I agree that the Indian constitution is at its infancy and the US has had a head start of a century and a half to get here.

Ranchu and chanchitra like this.
  8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Yes. The judgment will be made by the courts but prosecution is done by the government.

Such travesty of decisions can happen rarely in any country. The court accepting self-defense as an argument in that case is adacious. We also have an example of a White policeman being punished for homicidal action while arresting a black man. The white wife of a sitting SCOTUS Justice came out of an inquiry made by the Congressional Committee inquiry recently and it is too premature to say no action is taken until the Committee submit its report.

There are cases of American soldiers being punished back in the US for their improper behavior with innocent civilians in Iraq. As you said, the laws of the land have matured over a period of time here in the US despite sporadic cases of injustice met out to the minority communities.

Laks09 and chanchitra like this.
  9. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

No. The DOJ is supposed to be an independent entity. The AG represents the US Gov to provide the burden of proof required by the courts to criminally prosecute. It does go through due process.

If not for the advent of cell phone cameras this happened more often than naught. It’s only now getting harder to sweep away because of the amount of evidence a tiny piece of recording can hold. The white police officer got convicted but it didn’t happen quietly. People took to the streets. They demanded Justice.
    A couple of years ago, a runner in GA got shot down by three white dudes. Nothing happened until the recording was leaked to the public by an insider in the sheriff’s office. They actually didn’t make an arrest until people protested a year later.

In so called safe haven, a black man can be killed if he breathes wrong. A white dude who guns down people in a super market, synagogue, school gets taken down without bodily harm.

Systemic abuse of minorities has happened in the US for generations. I don’t agree that this is a rarity.

I don’t understand the comparison with India. Everything isn’t right with the US for such a comparison. This was the synopsis of what I meant to convey. I hope I’ve conveyed it well.

10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

I agree completely that systemic abuse has taken place in the US for a long time and there is no dispute about it. White power still exists as we had seen in illegal entry into Congress Building recently. Such organized acts took place twice after Donald Trump came to power. But most in other places are individual cases of abuse of minority community and not a mass movement where people took to the street to kill all minorities as retaliation for an act of violence or terrorism. Such law and order situation are handled quickly. That is the point I was making and perhaps, it didn't come out clearly.

Laks09 likes this.