Kasab:Hanged to Death

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by swathivarma, May 6, 2010.

1. swathivarma

swathivarma New IL'ite

Finally The Judgement Day has come when the court has finally decided to Hang Kasabh till death.

so Ilites wat do u think of it.
    share ur opinions.

do u think that the punishment was fair enough......
    does this gonna change anything???????

share ur views ...let me know...

Last edited: May 6, 2010

2. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

hi
    i think the judgement is right. he should have been killed in the centre of the road the day he was cought by police. its too late but never mind he should be sentenced now itself.:frown:

3. pgraman

pgraman Gold IL'ite

swathivarma
    this is the correct judgment. but many of them behind him. the govt should have to find the rest of the terrorist to hang.

4. smitarubinsson

smitarubinsson Gold IL'ite

The news is very welcome but when is it going to happen? Not any time soon i guess.
    More wasted money spent on his protection and feeding him.

5. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

Lot of lives lost, Lots of hype and hoopla on the judgement!

But i was scocked to see the statistics of death sentences that are pending since 2001!

One of the news channels was listing the statistics of the pending death sentences and this was pretty shocking tome!

"Justice delayed is Justice denied" says a famous saying! But justice declared and then delayed is also justice denied.

Hence as far as the justice is implemented we cannot be sure of this justice declared.

6. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

this is india. here anything can happen. Otherwise It was clearly evident that he did the brutal things and why this much fussing to come to a conclusion. Even now i dont have any belief that fellow will be hanged. I was happy to read the title and entered. disappointed that he still is on his trial. If this same happened in their countries they will punish immediately.

ganges

7. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Judgement very correct

But dont understand y the government had to wait for such a looong time to give this judgement and had spent crores of money just to keep or to say protect a Terrorist like Kasab.They had all the evidences but still y such a delay.
    Y was he not shot on the same day of his arrest.Y have debate on newchannels for such a terrorist and talk in length abt his family,the way he was brought up,he was trained,etc etc.
    He should have been terminated looong time back.

Only questions and No answers

It happens only in India.

8. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

As someone who strongly opposes death penalty, I find this news very disturbing regardless of what the crime is.

And for people who are advocating that he should have been executed immediately because they have evidence.....Don't forget the due process that should be afforded to every citizen in a democratic society. If you start executing people with kangaroo court trials and vigilante mob justice, democracy does not exist anymore. Whatever evidence they have need to be proved in a court of law and the accused found guilty of the crime and this is afforded as a fundamental right to anyone, regardless of how heinous the crime is. Kasab would be no exception to be afforded this fundamental right, I'd presume.

Anyways, I just wanted to chime in on the death penalty part which is certainly troubling to me personally.
    Cheers.

9. sweety17

sweety17 Gold IL'ite

Our govt has only declared a death penalty....but it wont happen in the near future atleast i think so..........

if people like Kasab after having complete evidence is still being spared then we can imagine the number of crimes that will go up in the country.......

compared to a terrorist mine is a very small crime...each will think that way and the society is gonna go for a toss........:drowning

if a terrorist is not taught a lesson by our govt i dont understnad how they are planning to control crime rate in the country.......:spin

10. GiJoe

GiJoe Silver IL'ite

I support death penalty because that is what makes sense economically for a country like India. We cannot provide all the comforts to an terrorist in the name of democracy, India has one third of the worlds poor, India cannot think about a foreigners welfare when their own citizen’s starve to death everyday.