Karwachauth In Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by NandiniGG, Oct 6, 2016.

1. NandiniGG

NandiniGG Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

I am in final few weeks of pregnancy.The karwa chauth is coming and just want to know your views about it?Did you do fasting (without food and water) when you were pregnant?I discussed it with few friends and family members and some of them were pretty strict about it.They said its just a matter of 1 day and nothing happens if you don't eat for 1 day.We also did it and nothing happened.Most of the pregnant women in India do it and nothing happens.

About Karwa chauth,It is kept for the longevity of husbands.We eat something early in the morning and then stay without water,food whole day.I do pooja in the evening and drink water or eat apple,barfi in the evening.In the night after seeing the moon we offer water to moon and eat food.

About my condition I have Urinary tract infection and eating antibiotics for it.Other than that i have mild anemia.Otherwise i have a normal healthy pregnancy.Contractions should start anytime during and after the karwachauth week.

I just want to know the views of women about it.I am quite amazed that in this time and age ,young women are strictly following it.What did you do when some fast fell in your pregnancy time?I was not even able to sleep the whole night as most of people are in favor of keeping the regular fast.My heart is not allowing me to keep the baby hungry and i have decided to take it easy.It might be quite a rollercoaster this year as i have to go against a lot of people.

2. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

Dont diet or starve during pregnancy dear. What u eat goes to ur baby.
    eat simple food this time..even if u cant eat regular food atleast drink plenty of water,milk, fruits, snacks etc . Throughout the day.
    You have an entire lifetime of karva chauths to do fasting..just mame an exception this time.

sindmani likes this.
  3. chandmaha

chandmaha New IL'ite

hi NandiniGG,

First and foremost your and babys health is more important at this time . Secondly consult your husband and explain him abt your position. I think he will be the right person to tell you as he is watching you day and night .

Take care .
    Blessings of JaiMATA DI

sindmani likes this.