KARNATAKA RAJYOTSAVA : Special Facts About Karnataka

Discussion in 'Karnataka' started by lalithasathish, Oct 31, 2011.

1. AnanyaAjay

AnanyaAjay Silver IL'ite

A very nice write up consisting almost everyting about karnataka Lalitha!

I like it very very very very much!!!!

2. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Lalitha,

You have covered almost all the important aspects of Karnataka ...well done

3. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

One thing which I would like to include in the folk art section is that we have a lot of folk songs and light music ..which was brought into picture by people like Late C. Ashwath and also Late Sri Mysore Anathaswamy and many more people....
    Sri Gururaj is very famous for Folk songs ..and we feel like dancing to them while we listen to it ...

C.Ashwath and Mysore Anantha Swamy have done trmendous work by composing music to the poems that is written by our poets which lalitha has mentioned and ...those poems have been sung everywhere ....Awasome music composition by them ...i adore them a lot as i am a great fan of them ..

3 people like this.
  4. lalithasathish

lalithasathish Silver IL'ite

Dear vjb,vidu,ani,soumedh,amihere,satchi,Ananya,Suma,HS ,EverHappy :

Thank you all for your contribution towards this thread in giving adequate info about Karnataka State. Hope to see many more useful information about our state. Thanks for liking it :)

And Yes one big sorry for coming out so late ...Due to heavy rains the telephone cables were being disconected in our locality on the roads..only yesterday night, it got set right :)

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lalithasathish,

Congratulations on being nominated to the FP of the month by Vjbunny!:thumbsup

Being a Bangalorean, I read this post with great joy. You have covered all the charms of Karnataka in your concise post.

There are many spots worth visiting and getting to know. I know of few and have visited some, have to see many and have just learnt about some more, thanks to this post!

Similarly, you have mentioned most of the prominent people who have contributed to Karnataka and its fame be it in the field of writings, films, fine arts. As my dad was in the film business, I have had the pleasure of getting to know some showbiz stalwarts from close quarters, for eg, G V Iyer, G K Venkatesh etc.:)

We recently celebrated Rajyotsava and Diwali in our local Kannada community and a couple of songs and plays were enacted and what's more, even one or two family members of a couple of well known Kannada personalities were present there!

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.