Karma Does Not Discriminate Based On Age

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SuiDhaaga, Apr 17, 2022.

1. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

True. There are different functionality levels.
    Some mentally challenged people will not be able to understand right from wrong.
    Karma will not affect someone who does a bad thing unknowingly.
    This is my belief.

BTW karma don't do its job diligently.
    This is my personal experience.

SuiDhaaga and Thyagarajan like this.
  2. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

I feel sad reading this

that karma is nit accurate

why were millions of people displaced, slaughtered, raped during partition of India (happened in my family)

why were 6 million Jews butchered and gassed to death?

why are people maimed, murdered, etc randomly?

if God is not in your life and you ask Him to come in your life, will He listen?

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. chanchitra

Yep, why were lots of Kashmiri Pandit displacedand killed.

Why did we get a special needs child when me and husband have not hurt a soul and always helped people as much as we can

How come my bills family is living happily inspite of cheating our hard earned income. Only I have battled depression/anxiety due to them.
    The list goes on
    Sorry
    Karma does not exist or is very slow/lazy and has poor records.
    I do believe in God. Yes God will come into your life if you ask him.

4. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

I am really upset to hear this

sometimes I think family is more untrustworthy than strangers

please tell how your child is doing.

may God shower you with happiness and erase your pain

5. chanchitra

She is doing fine. She is happy in her world. But being on the severe end of the spectrum means she will never be able to live independently. All her activities of daily living is done by me.
    She goes to a good private school.
    Has therapies as well.
    The question of her life(after us)is always a stressor for us.
    But I am grateful to my husband (inspite of his crazy love for his crookedfamily)who brought us here to USA where she has had a good quality of life and services.
    I never faced any stigma here.
    It's a long story. But my kid has made me a mature person.
    I just need to know I did my best for her when I die.

SuiDhaaga and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. chanchitra

True. But I have learnt to not take any crap from them

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  7. chanchitra

Ultimately we have to learn to be smart and not get fooled by anyone.
    Don't expect karma to do its job.
    God only helps those who help themselves

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

It turns eyes moist. God Bless your kid and family. Collective karma of your family landed you in USA where certainly you are happy and glad of services.
    God Bless.
    Regards.

SuiDhaaga and chanchitra like this.
  9. chanchitra

Thank you so much sir.
    Yes, that's a positive way of looking into our situation.
    I will keep this in my mind from today.

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  10. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

A great discussion is on about various types of Karmas .

Though they say that we are gifted with a freewill to perform our own actions with body, mind and intellect,some totally deny the concept and argue that our free will also is predetermined and comes under destiny.

The description of the scope of Law of Karma is reflected in Bhagavatgita.The actions that are performed without attachment with the requisite equanimity do not get carried into so called encryptions.A similar view is expressed in Buddhism too.

Intentions are essentially important in determining the moral quality of the action and the doer.Sometimes an action which is done with bad intention may result in bringing about good.Irrespective of the result the imprint of 'immoral' is passed on.

Similarly actions done with right intentions sometimes result in some harm to some one.

What essentially matters is the attitude and dispositions of the individual and not the actual act.This view cannot escape criticism.

It indirectly means that one could do the most undesirable act provided his intentions and dispositions are good.This creates a wedge between the Law of Karma and rules of Justice in the nation.

Many people don't believe in theory of Karma passed through different births though they agree that we reap what we sow.

They believe that the ideas of reward , punishment etc are human concepts unnecessarily imposed on cosmos .When some crisis arises and it is stated to be an impact of what one had done in previous birth,a feeling of guilt descends on man, and in the same way at the time of good events, a feeling of subtle expectation of 'reward' arises.This in turn takes us away from the present.

In reality our life revolves around three factors.
    1.Deeds done by our own selves.
    2.Influence of deeds done by third parties human or otherwise
    3.Influence of destiny or luck.
    We do not live entirely by Free Will nor we totally are influenced by Fate or Destiny.
    Fate plays its own dice on the checker board of our existence, mostly as a balancing force.However with sustained effort we can wade through vagories of nature.By surrendering ourselves to God we build up strength to endure what cannot be cured and on total surrender ,there is no Free will and God's will is your desired option.
    It is interesting to note that normally human being is the highest in respect of spiritual evolution since he has the capability of reasoning. But Ashoka is stated to have been born as a maggot for a few hrs before he attained salvation.This aspect is acceded to by many since as a human being we are subject to lust and other instincts thereby increasing the scope of karma, whereas the chances of committing sins by worms are almost nil.
    But do all the worms attain salvation straight? A million dollar question!
    Those people who call themselves as having done only punyas can be expected to take birth as worms before they become one with God.
    Better not to worry too much about types of Karma and their influence ,love yourself and all others without harming anyone. Let us relax.
    Jayasala 42