karma and rebirth

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by ketaki1981, Jun 1, 2010.

1. ketaki1981

ketaki1981 New IL'ite

Rebirth happens because of ACCUMULATED KARMA.

Is ACCUMULATED KARMA = karmic debit + karmic credit ?

If yes then can we conclude karmic debit or karmic credit. .... any one of these two would cause rebirth....

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010

2. Riyaa

Riyaa New IL'ite

Rebirth happens because of ACCUMULATED KARMA. Correct!
    A humanlife not aimed at moksha accumulates paava, puniyaa(in simple terms sins and good deeds) which leads to rebirths. Though this birth has been destined by our earlier lives karmas,we also have a freewill in our everybirth to earn new paavas and puniyaas.That's why it is good to do good and be good in this jenma, which will make this birth and subsequent births also good.
    Riyaa.

3. ketaki1981

ketaki1981 New IL'ite

thanx

so is it dat rebirth can also happen because of puniyaa, not just paap.... as you said....

"paava, puniyaa(in simple terms sins and good deeds) which leads to rebirths"

4. Riyaa

Riyaa New IL'ite

I'm answering this question to my knowledge. Yes,rebirths can happen just with more of puniyaa in a person's account, where the soul first of all,has the choice to decide if it wants to take a rebirth or not. If the soul decides to take rebirth, again it has the freedom to decide on the kind of life it wishes to live in this Madyama lokha, i.e. Earth. I doubt if a person will have zero paava in his account. Even Ramana Maharishi suffered from cancer, which could only be becos of purvajenma karma. We also could see some real Yogis too have had bad times in their life(effect of poorva jenma paavas).
    So many months back, I had a lot of similar kinds of doubts. I was not sure if there is a rebirth first of all? On what basis to believe on all these philosophical issues.I had posted similar query about rebirth in this forum, for which I didnot get satisfying replies.
    Sometime back I had an opportunity(purva jenma's Vaideeka puniya probably) to get Vedic education from a Swamiji, who is a disciple of swami Dayananda Saraswathi. He teaches life, as explained in vedas. He conducts the course in 6 camps,(2hours a day) covers a lot of subjects, step by step, starting from basics. I have completed 2 camps by now, which definetely has brought in a lot of understanding and clarity within me.The course is not like a prasangam, but a serious classroom teaching kind of thing.
    I'll present your doubt to Swamiji in my next camp, and get back with a more detailed answer to it.
    Riyaa.

5. ketaki1981

ketaki1981 New IL'ite

thanku , ill wait for reply....

6. skchivukula

skchivukula Bronze IL'ite