1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kannathil Muthamittal

Discussion in 'Movies' started by iyerviji, Jul 19, 2011.

1. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijimma,
    I have not seen the movie (is it having a hindi version as well?)... but the theme is very touching as you mentioned.

Ma, it is a blessing to be a part of an affectionate family and blood relation does not really matter here. We get to see so many children around being ill-treated by their parents, and on the other hand we have innumerable examples as your daughters cases, ma!

I feel it is NOT NECESSARY for the adopted children to know who/where their biological parents are. Firstly, because, to me, it DOES NOT matter and is an IRRELEVANT piece of information. Secondly, the reality (either the parents are dead or abandoned the child) is too harsh for the young soul to bear with. The child may be perturbed and may try to look for its biological parents, but that is possibly just as a matter of curiosity. I do not think s/he will start loving his/her parents less just because they have adopted him/her.

I do not think that all the truths should be revealed, when it is not necessary. But many a times, the society creates trouble. The people around or his or her friends may start poking and bothering him or her revealing the truth. In that case, s/he may be hurt that the parents have hidden some facts from her or him. That is ONLY reason, to me, which may necessitate that the truth be revealed, otherwise not.

Nice and touching post, Vijima!

1 person likes this.
  2. ArunaRSanthosh

ArunaRSanthosh Platinum IL'ite

Vijima

Very nice movie, that girl acted very nice, i didnt see it when they telecasted it in tv 3 days before..eezhatamizhargal kumuralgalum padathin karu, very nice movie....

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

SSC dear welcome to my thread. Glad you enjoyed the movie and to know that your cousin was adopted when she was a kid. Good she took it in a good way when she was told and feels that she is special.

... Now she is 17, and she is still so innocent, and at times tells the relatives - that I'm really special to my parents, because I didnt come from my mummy's tummy, and they got after 2 months of my birth.... The way she narrates it is sooo cute, and all of us admire her for her innocence..

Feel touched to hear this.

I believe the child has the right to know about it from her parents rather than from anyone else at any point of time, that would affect her deeply... Overall, it depends on the equation parents have the kid, and how will they can put it fwd to the kid, my uncle did a great job with it![/QUOTE]

True I agree with you

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Hridhaya dear I am fine dear. Its ok dear no problems. Why should u besorry. Thanks for your appreciation dear. It was God's will that my daughters had to adopt a child and now they are very happy and the children and the parents both are lucky to have each other and they shower their love

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Vidya dear glad its your favourite too. Thanks for your appreciation.

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Kalyani dear I dont know whether the movie has a hindi version. Yathe theme is very touching and I cried most of the time watching the movie thinking of Gopika and Pratima. We have got such lovely children. .

Ma, it is a blessing to be a part of an affectionate family and blood relation does not really matter here. We get to see so many children around being ill-treated by their parents, and on the other hand we have innumerable examples as your daughters cases, ma!

Yes dear I agree with you, we are lucky to have them and they are lucky that they are getting so much love from their parents . Noone will beleive that they are adopted

I feel it is NOT NECESSARY for the adopted children to know who/where their biological parents are. Firstly, because, to me, it DOES NOT matter and is an IRRELEVANT piece of information. Secondly, the reality (either the parents are dead or abandoned the child) is too harsh for the young soul to bear with. The child may be perturbed and may try to look for its biological parents, but that is possibly just as a matter of curiosity. I do not think s/he will start loving his/her parents less just because they have adopted him/her.

Yes dear I also think the same way as you think . Dont know in what way they will take if they are told. But mydaughters feel that they must be told because if they come to know from a third person they will feel bad.

I do not think that all the truths should be revealed, when it is not necessary. But many a times, the society creates trouble. The people around or his or her friends may start poking and bothering him or her revealing the truth. In that case, s/he may be hurt that the parents have hidden some facts from her or him. That is ONLY reason, to me, which may necessitate that the truth be revealed, otherwise not.

Yes dear better the parents tell them instead of hearing from others and they might feel embarassed at that time.

Nice and touching post, Vijima!

Thanks dear

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Aruna dear ya that girl acted very nice and even Simran and Madhavan have acted well and looked real in the movie.

8. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Viji mam,

I too love this movie..one of my favourites...

Hope by now you have heard remaining the story by our fellow ilites...

Am really happy to hear that you daughter adopted a child..great great great viji mam...something is pricking in my heart,donno why..may be beacause am a sensitive person....long life to your daughters family.

If you have time, please read this story which is somewhat related to this The bond (I wrote this long back)

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Prana dear glad to know you also liked the movie. Ya I heard about the end, but want to watch one day. Ya I am glad that my daughters could adopt. thanks for your good wishes[

/

10. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Ma I didnt see the movie! But heard about the story, so deliberately avoided watching it.

In my opinion, if I plan to adopt, I will keep it as a secret and will not tell the child. I don't know I might change later. But till now this is my idea...

I am very touched to read this post and see how the movie made you feel sad. At the same time (as I say always) your whole family should be very proud that you have given shelter, love, affection for a kid.. And I am very proud to have known you and be your virtual daughter... :)

ilt