1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kannathil Muthamittal

Discussion in 'Movies' started by iyerviji, Jul 19, 2011.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Mallika dearglad to know you and Sudha too like the movie. Its a very touching movie.
    I agree that adopted parents, should, in no circumstance reveal the truth to the child. Once the child knows, the child will not only long to see the original parents but also feel whether the adopted parents would have true love and affection.

We cant say how they will react . Anyway it depends on the parents to tell or not.

I was also reminded of Gopika and Pratima, the cute kids. How are they? My love and warm hugs to them.[/QUOTE]

They both are very fine and have become mischievous also. Thanks foryour hugs

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sudha dear ya I remember dear. Lets leave the decision to the parents whether they want to tell the kid or not.

The movie is superb and hopefully you get a chance again to see the end]

Ya I liked the movie very much and the character of Simran and Madhavan are just like my elder daughter and her husband. Hope I get a chance to see the end.

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Lakshmi dear glad you too like the movie. Ya I will try to watch the movie to see the end.

1 person likes this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sofea dear welcome to my thread. Thanks for sharing with me about the movie.

. I whole-heartedly disagreed with all those criticisms. First of all, whether to disclose the truth about adoption is one's prerogative after all. If the parents felt that it was best to disclose the truth, then they should, regardless of its outcome. Mani is not advocating that every parents should disclose the truth about adoption to their adopted kids. He's merely telling a story about parents who did the same.

I agree with you

But on a personal point of view, I feel that every child should be informed about the truth of their birth. It is the child's right to know about his/her birth and we shouldn't let him/her live a lie throughout their life. One day the truth will eventually come out-in one way or another. When the time comes and the child gets to know about it from a third source, then that's when the real problem begins. The child would start feeling that there was something horrible about his/her past that the adopted parents feel the need to hide the truth from him/her. The child would then begin to resent everything and everyone around him/her and the problems would never end.

Yes dear I agree wuith you, its better forthe parents to tell the truth and they should not know from a third person then they will feel bad.

On the other hand, the child should be educated to know that there's nothing more beautiful in life than adoption. There's nothing to be ashamed of in adopting a kid, for every child that borns to this world is God's gift. How he/she grows up to be is then left to the individual. And adoption works both way. Adoption doesn't mean that only the child is being adopted. The parents are also being adopted by the child. For childless parents, the adopted child is the gift for their parenthood. The child gives them a purpose to live, a new lease of life, a sense of being a family. And that's teh beauty of it. So I don't understand why people are shying or being ashamed of disclosing the truth of such a beautiful bond.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing your views which are so thoughtful. Yes its adoption is a great thing and a beautiful bond of relationship which can be understood only by the people who have adopted

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Nandini dearwelcome to my thread and glad to know that the movie is available in youtube. Hope I will get a chance to watch and glad that you have watched it many times[

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Manju dear glad you also watched the movie . thanks for your appreciation

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Shameel dear glad you too watched the movie and liked it

8. SSC

SSC Platinum IL'ite

Thats a lovely movie... Infact all Mani ratnam movies are!! But coming to the point, my cousin was adopted... When she was a small kid, they slowly told her, that she did not come into the family like other kids... And they brought her home from the hospital when she was 2 months old and all that... Now she is 17, and she is still so innocent, and at times tells the relatives - that I'm really special to my parents, because I didnt come from my mummy's tummy, and they got after 2 months of my birth.... The way she narrates it is sooo cute, and all of us admire her for her innocence.. I believe the child has the right to know about it from her parents rather than from anyone else at any point of time, that would affect her deeply... Overall, it depends on the equation parents have the kid, and how will they can put it fwd to the kid, my uncle did a great job with it!

1 person likes this.
  9. hridhaya

hridhaya Gold IL'ite

Dear mami,
    Hope you are doing well. I have been busy for a while, so could not give you regular feedbacks. Sorry for that.
    I felt so heavy while reading your post. I have so much respect for people who adopt from outside the family. you have got the best children with such open mind!!! My kudos to you and your family.

10. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Dear vijima,
    Its one of my favourite too! Even I like the characters of Simran and Madhavan... The way they reveal to their daughter and how they go in search of the real mother... evrything is so well picturised...

Glad to know that your daughters have adopted girls.. It needs a big heart for this... and not only parents the whole family needs to accept them... nice to know that you love them a lot...

my best wishes for your lovely family