Kampala - Safe Place

Discussion in 'Indians in Africa' started by datoram, May 19, 2011.

1. datoram

datoram New IL'ite

Dear All,

Very Interesting and good information for fellow Indians like me to know about most of the things.

I got an offer from a company called "Spencon Services limited", a construction company. I was in a dilema whether to accept the offer but after going through this forum, I decided to take up the offer and sent my acceptance today. I have to really thank Pragati for providing so much info about this place.

I have some more queries as follows:
    1. Is there any flight from chennai to kampala? if so how many hours?
    2. I have driving license from India, Malaysia, Qatar, Oman & UAE. Is it possible to convert any of the above license to local license? What system they follow? Keep left (RH drive) or keep Right (LH Drive)?
    3. In middle east. the employer keeps our passport. What about in Uganda?
    4. Initially I am planning to stay as a bachelor for some time. South Indian food available?
    5. My kids are in CBSE sylabbus (6th std & 9th std). I would like to maitain the same sylabbus. Can anybody provide me about DPS contacts?
    6. My wife is a dentist, I would like to know about job oppurtunities or do private practice there?
    7. Uganda. Kenya, Tanzania etc are adjoining countries and great tourist attraction for jungle safaris. Is it very expensive? can we travel by road from one country to other country? Visa available at entry points?
    8. How is the work permit? one year or 2 years?
    9. Any Indian temples? Weekend movies? Availability of DVD's?
    10. Electronic items, is it expensive compared to India?
    Regards

Ramanathan

2. anandita01

anandita01 New IL'ite

Hi... Were you able to find out further information on Uganda. Even I am supposed to visit the place.
    Any idea on safety/security situation?

3. usha mahesh

usha mahesh New IL'ite

hello!

Iam usha and have been in kampala for the past 6 months. it is a very very nice place.

4. usha mahesh

usha mahesh New IL'ite

Dear Sir,

Pls do not have any doubts about the place. absolutely safe place to live. Now i have come to mumbai for vacation. u can call me anytime if u need any info

my no is 022-27548609

Rgds

USha Mahesh