Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sln, Apr 1, 2020.
Our asirwadhams to you
Tomorrow is Ramanavami Pooja . And you thought of dad and reminisced your teen days sitting by his side while he was reading the Sundara Kandam perhaps written by anantharama dikshitar published by PT PANI & Co.
2. You reminded my teens with my dad as he too was following norms while reading the Sundara Kandam for 48 days. Every day my mom prepared payasam . He achieved his objectives. Me too.
3. Being in Triplicane, Chennai I used to visit Parathasarathy temple and thiruvateeswarar temple almost daily. I thought better to optimise blessings from both Lords Parathasarathy and Sivan as well.
4. Lord MURUGAN at Vadapalani too my favourite and so I learnt Sloka related to all three Lords that includes Kandha Sashti kavacham.
5. Every other day in 1955-56, I used sit from 7 to 9 evening with my grandma to listen to discourse by Anantha Rama Dikshitar held at my school open auditorium amidst hundreds of Iyer and iyengars with or without tuft of hair.
6. I never attached importance nor I cared to know any meaning in emblems of Iyer & Iyengar. This resulted in hilarious situation which I narrated in a post For which IL link not available at the moment. Let me try later.
I enjoyed your translation of beautiful lines praising lord Hanuman.
Your essay made me nostalgic.
ஸ்ரீ ராம ராம ராமேதி
ரமே ராமே மனோ ரமே
சஹஸ்ர நாம தத்துல்யம்
ராம நாம வரானனே”
I can understand your becoming nostalgic after going through the snippet.Not much money was there,but it was a genre of respect,devotion and divine guidance.While at Tanjore my brother and I used to visit Vaduvur Ramar temple and sing thyagaraja kirthana[not the trained version].This helped us to hone our skills such that we were in demand during Navarathiri days and returned with a respectable collection of sundals. All these have become a part of Indian history.
Delighted with part of the message that mr. Iyer & you would be heading to your native place KALADI for celebrating this glorious day.
2. உண்மை, உண்மையன்றி வேறில்லை: சதாபிஷேகம் எப்போது செய்வது? Is the link that illuminates the reader about norms followed in this celebration .
3. Though Sasthras say this celebration to be done when husband completes 84 years when during end of which period moonaram pirai occurred for 1008th time since his birth but nowadays it is celebrated upon completion of 80 years age.
4. May I wish in advance all the best for great celebration on Wednesday, 22 July, 2020 at KALADI. Just for information the almanac for that auspicious day
Sunrise and Moonrise
Sunrise - 05:37 AM
Sunset - 07:18 PMMoonrise - 06:58 AM
Tithi - Shukla Paksha
Dwitiya upto 07:22 PM
Ashlesha upto 07:16 PM
Siddhi upto 02:56 PM
Balava upto 08:25 AM
Kaulava upto 07:22 PM
HAPPY SRI RAMA NAVAMI
Ref #12: the link in respect of Iyer vs Iyengar anectode
Me, Dad And Discovery Of New Moon
I shall refer to the link at the earliest.The differenciation lies in the adoption of a particular philosophy.Not many know the essence of the philosophy they follow but manifest the difference in meaningless and ununderstandable rituals.
Avvaiyar said "ittar periyore idadhar izhikulathore-pattangil uliapadi.For me I am paranoid about vegetarianism and nothing else matters.
Double distilledd idiot
That is splendid.