1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

KalyanaRaman

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by radsahana, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Radhika,

frankly i hae nver heard of these people, for we wre born and brought up in Mumbai, and it was the halls and the caterers, since the times i remember.

But i am surprised to see,t hat these people go out of their ways to ensure a happy and smooth marrige, with a smile eh ! What wonderful persons they must be, for they do it for no material benefit, they must be people with hearts of Gold.Wow !

What a heartwarming post, u have pleased us a lot.Give us more Radhika.

Regards

kamal

2. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Natpudan,

Now i know, why DMK is so infamous:)!!!!! But on a positive note, had it not been for them, you wouldnt have met so many unsung heroes, who enjoys helping in difficult times.

BTW, give me your DWs phone number, i would like to have a talk with her.:)

3. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear Radhika,
    Nice post dear. Exactly the same way, my marriage went, very well, with the help of my 4 Mama's (My mom's own brothers ). Each of them has taken one department and the arrangement was excellent.
    I always respect them.:bowdown....

My mom would always says, " Tambiyudaiyaan padaikku anjaan "

4. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Ashwini,

Yes nowadays Indian weddings are money spinners for Event Managers and other professionals.

But like you said, the warmth and personal touch is lost in all this professionalism.

Thanks for the fb dear. Have a gr8 day

5. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Mindi,

With the invasion of contractors, i see one positive side, now all mamas like your dad will be in "Group Photos".:), thereby taking away the grouse of ur mom and other mamis.

have a gr8 day.

6. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamalji

Thanks for fb and encouragement. Infact even i am born and brought up in mumbai.

In south indian families till i got married, (nowadays i dont know) the marriage is used to be of 2-3 days elaborate affair with all the poojas and vidhis, the caterers ofcourse there, but there still used to be hundred of other things to be attended, coordinated.

So among the relatives,i have always seen, some one taking charge, since brides parents also has to be sitting for the vidhis and pooja, reciting mantras with panditji (now i know u hate pandits). So these uncles or aunts, were like one point coordination. Yes and they used to do all this without any expectation, but just for their passion for helping.

7. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Susri,

Damn lucky to have not one but 4 sursurupu mamas.:thumbsup. What a relief it must have been for your mom.

I had 2 uncles, but since i was getting married in mumbai, and they were not from there and coming for Salem, also they arrived one day before the marriage. So in my mrg, one of my fathers cousin brother, took charge of things.

8. vijianand

vijianand Senior IL'ite

A nice write up on marriages.As many have written here, it sure has brought some moments too. My Dad is a typical "raman" you have mentioned. I have seen him run around my cousins wedding . He was like the one stop for things to go smooth. He was "missed" by the groom's people when he was here visiting me , while one of my cousins got married.
    My aunt and uncle played that role to perfection in my wedding.

Contract or no contract, i think every wedding needs a person (BM/RM) to ease of any tensions in the brides' side.

Regards,
    Viji

9. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear viji,

Rightly said, contract or no contracts RMs/BMs, definitely required to bring the personal warmth and making the affair smooth.

Your dad must be really wanted in all your families wedding. :) They are godsend for the parents of brides :thumbsup

thanks for the fb, have a gr8 day.

10. Meenupanicker

Meenupanicker Senior IL'ite

Dear Radhika
    It was fun attending the marriage standing in the corner with some of the cousins.
    Thanking you for this nice write up