1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kaleidoscope!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Sep 9, 2015.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @PoetLatha for your appreciation and crediting me more. You can still go ahead and write your version. As each of our perceptions are different, I am sure, we can definitely collect a few more gems from your table too. -rgs

2. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Kaleidoscope - what a wonderful/colorful/engaging/entertaining toy as well as snippet comparing to life. well written! Enjoyed reading it including all FB's. We all have our childhood moments of playing with it and making it . Similarly, I remember making a small slit in Agarbathi box and looking at sunlight, then closing my eyes when these beautiful colorful patterns form inside my eyelids and track those floaters. Not sure if anyone else has tried that. I don't have much to add other than enjoying reading.

1 person likes this.
  3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

1 person likes this.
  4. rgsrinivasan

Thanks @Jskls for your feedback and sorry for responding late. Thanks for sharing your own experience too. Yes, I used to do the same, not with agarbathi box, but viewing the morning sunlight [about 7.30 - 8 a.m.] when it had just turned white. I would watch it intensely and close my eyes to see the patterns as such. Wow! The joy of childhood! No match to it! -rgs

1 person likes this.
  5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD] Dear RGS,

A snippet from your corner after a break? Poets are given to introspection is something everyone is aware of! You are proving it right! Besides, here you are in the right company. Who else but Viswa and Jayasala hastened to nominate it to FP. Congratulations for the same!

I have heard life being compared to a voyage, marathon,colorful caroussel ( Rangula ratnam in Telugu) and of course to the changing patterns of a Kaleidoscope like you have done. In your write up, you have given a beautiful explanation as to why you likened it to the life and it indeed prodded the reader to go introspective! Viswamitra and Jayasala of course took it to the next level with their very thoughtful feed backs. All enriches readers like me.

It is true you can see only the past incidents as a colorful kaleidoscope for they keep twirling in our memory banks. You often say one cannot apply it to the future. But considering how colorful and beautiful these patterns are, why not apply it to our future hopes and aspirations and imagine some colorful and happy
    events? It may come ?!

Like you, I too love the Kaleidoscope. I find it fascinating to this day and whenever I find one lying around in the play rooms of my grandkids, I can just lay there peeping into it and getting lost in the beauty of its colorful designs. I often pick kaleidoscopes as gifts for kids! Going by all that I have read, it could also make a nice gift to any adult!!

As for me, me being me, I just enjoy it for what it is...a wonderful kaleidoscope! Life is anyway a challenge, a path full of twists and turns, a journey of ups and downs. I face it day in and day out. So, when I look at the Kaleidoscope, I just am lost in admiring its colors, designs, patterns and let life be.....

L, Kamla

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

1 person likes this.
  6. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Kamla madam for your appreciation and a nice feedback. I just want to further clarify on applying kaleidoscope to the future, as we limit ourselves to the cause and effect model, leaving the spontaneity which adds more beauty to life.

We can try applying this to the present, if only we are watchful which is very difficult.