1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

kajal recipe!!

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by rya, Jan 7, 2008.

1. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

hello everyone,
    i would like to share kajal recipe to all..
    pure castor oil(available in indian stores),good quality -one cup
    piece of cotton cloth,twisted for lighting or cotton thread-one
    very small clay pot available in michaels or ac moore-one
    that's all you need!

first,light the lamp(vilakku) by pouring castor oil into the vilakku with thread(dip the thread in castor oil)..take the clay pot and cover the vilakku totally..the flame produces black charcoal powder inside the surface of the pot.wait till the lamp glows completely till all the oil is exhausted..after that if you scrap the black powder inside the pot,it will come out and collect that powder in a container..this is nothing but the kajal powder.Mix the powder with castor oil again to form a paste and you can apply it in the eyes..this is very good for our eyes..make sure that the castor oil you are using is very pure and good!!

2. kavithai

kavithai New IL'ite

Hi, Really a nice recipe. want to try. Can u tell me in which section we have to buy clay pot in michales? Can i reuse that pot. In India can we use mud pot? pls. reply.
    kavi.

3. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

hi kavi,
    the actual recipe is we have to dip the cotton thread or cloth in karisalanganni leaves ground into paste...and dry that cloth and then light the lamp..but here,in USA,we cannot get karisalanganni leaves so,we can just use a plain cotton cloth or thread for lighting..and when lighting the lamp,we will make a mud plate to touch the flame so that the flame produces charcoal powder in the plate and after that if you tap the plate,the powder will come out!! but i don't know how to make the plate stand by touching the flame...so i used small mud pot...if you know how to make the mud plate stand touching the flame,you can do it...the mud plate costs 3 or 4 dollars in michaels and it will be available in the mud section..or you can use very small mud flower pot..about our palm size!! sorry i meant mud pot as clay pot ..but please be sure that every material you use,is very very clean,very pure and neat..because,since we will apply it in our eyes,we have to be very careful when preparing it..it was fun,when i did this recipe.....:hatsoff
    ramya

4. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

hi kavi,
    forgot to tell you...you can reuse the same mud pot or plate..no problem..but what you can do is wash the mud pot and store in a neat place so that it will be easy for you to reuse...this is not an easy recipe..but you will get used to it if you do:queen

5. kavithai

kavithai New IL'ite

Thank you so much Ramya. Will try soon.
    Kavi.

6. RamyaParasuram

RamyaParasuram Senior IL'ite

How long can this be used? Can we store this in the room temp?

Thanks,
    Ramya

7. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

hi ramya,
    for your information,any kajal can be stored for a maximum of 6 months or little more depending on usage. But if the kajal is old more than one year,it is better to avoid applying it..some kajals create eye irritation,redness etc..So,better u can finish it with in 6 months. We can store the kajal at room temperature..No problem
    Thanks

Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
  8. motivator

motivator New IL'ite

hi...thank u very much for the post....keep posting...

9. leka_praju

leka_praju New IL'ite

Thank you very much

10. parentvael's

parentvael's New IL'ite

heating ghee in a spoon does same trick! ..used to look at my grandma do it everytime we went to her pujas back then!