1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kairali tv's onam cookery show

Discussion in 'TV' started by sujakalyan, Sep 5, 2007.

1. sujakalyan

sujakalyan Silver IL'ite

For onam, kairali tv was showing cookery expert laxmi nair's onam receipe show, i think the prog went for a week, i could see that for only one day.

She was cooking paruppu payasam in a traditional way using brass vessels outside some tharavadu on mud stove, the climate that time was heavenly -very cloudy with little rain drops here and there, some more ladies were sitting around-one was shredding coconut on the banana leaf, another was cutting vegetables of biggest size on the muram(i dont know how we call this in english), all were wearing ona kodi(onam saree).

The surroundings were decorated with pookolam, rice bowl with coconut flower was kept in the middle of it, big vilaku(lamp) was kept aside with coconuts and bananas adding sanctity to the situation. On the whole it was a lovely scenario, and feast for eyes.

Cook said, during these festivals we'll relish more happiness if all relatives get to gether in villages and celebrate in a natural way.

Every friday in kairali tv morning 11.30(indian time) we can watch maggie magic oven cookery show hosted by Ms.Lakshmi Nair.

2. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Thanks for this information Suja. Though I didn't watch the show, the way you've described made me watch the scene. I love the kerala type Tharavad house and big velaku. Thanks for sharing with us...........

3. sujakalyan

sujakalyan Silver IL'ite

hi aabhi,

thanks for your response