1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kahani hamarey Mahabharath Ki

Discussion in 'TV' started by VLR, Jul 30, 2008.

1. VLR

VLR Silver IL'ite

Ladies

Does anyone watch this new series?

I remember the old Mahabharath by BR Chopra. It was such a classic and all the characters (& their dialogue delivery) is so etched in my mind that I was shocked when I read that Ekta Kapoor would be remaking that epic. I am asure if they were to re-telecast the old one today it would still continue to draw huge viewership.

Though I did not have any high expectations ( I have seen a few episodes of her Saas-Bahu serials.. And theya re not my favourite) , I did manage to catch the glimpse of the first few episodes from Youtube.

First of all, what is it with the costumes?:idontgetit: They look like they belong to Greek Mythology .
    and it is so dark with almost everyone sporting black dress. and those camera angles and zoom in & zoom out literally drove me crazy.. And the less said about the lead pairs acting the better..Witsend

I see that there is a lot of investment ( outdoor shoot, graphics etc) but I am not sure if the final product is worth all this time and investment.

Did anyone else watch this.. would love to hear what your thoughts are.

Vidya

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008

2. VLR

VLR Silver IL'ite

Oops.. just realized there is another thread for this.. can the mods please merge this into the old one..
    Sorry :hide: