kababs

Discussion in 'NonVegetarian Kitchen' started by Joel89, May 18, 2012.

1. Joel89

Joel89 New IL'ite

Hello guys and gals, once I visited Asia and my friend arranged a dinner
    in which he presented some 'kababs'(as he was saying). I couldn't forget the
    taste and curious to know about the recipe. Can you share it please!

Similar Threads
    1. Gayathri47
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. rehanak
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. malar

malar Bronze IL'ite

Kebabs being cubes of meat marinated and cooked on skewers along with some colorful vegetables, you can try different kinds of kebabs with chicken, fish and other meat that you may like.

The recipe is very simple and standard. Marinate the meat/fish cut into cubes in yogurt, adding salt, black pepper powder, chilli powder, cumin powder, garlic clove minced, tandoori powder (red color basically, if you prefer). Keep it marinated for 30mins to an hour, or even overnight if you want it well coated and juicy.

Then arrange the meat cubes on skewers alternating with veggies like Zucchini, Capsicum, Tomatoes, etc. Grill or broil it for 10 to 15mins until the meat is completely cooked. Squeeze some lemon juice on top of the meat after grilling and serve.

3. blissful

blissful Bronze IL'ite

There are various types of kebabs. Some are made with minced meat, some with meat pieces. The mice meat kebabs usually use lamb or goat meat, while the kebabs using meat pieces usually use chicken. And then there are vegetarian kebabs. The recipes vary for different types of kebabs. Most types of kebabs are cooked in a tandoor. Since most modern houses do not have tandoors, we usually use a barbecue or if even that is not possible, then a electric / gas grill. Some types of kebabs are shallow fried.

Here is a link which gives you the 4 most popular types of meat kebabs.
    Recipes for Indian kebabs - kebab recipe, shammi kebab, skeekh kebabs, tikka tandoori and more

Hope this helps.

4. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

5. chaaral

chaaral Silver IL'ite

I checked this book recently and it was superb. thanks for posting it here Tina. planning to try some recipes this weekend.