1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

kab ayenge woh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Poetry' started by Shanvy, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shanvy,

Your poem expresses the true sentiments of people living separately due to professional reasons. Although people working in gulf away from their families is in recent times, I have seen the desolate ladies in Karaikudi and other chettinad areas waiting patiently for the return of their husbands who had gone to Malaysia, Singapore, Rangoon etc. Many a times when the husband returned after long stay found the family members as having become aliens since in those days the communication channels were not as what are available today. I am reminded of an ad. being shown on Zee TV here. The ad. is by a travel agency who recommends frequent travel to India. They show what will happen if it is not frequent. When the lady returns to India, her brother Kamal has become Kamali. (ofcourse in good humour).

Chitti aayi hai by Pnakaj Udas often brings tears to my eyes. There are some mean-minded people who ask ' if you are so desparate to be with your family why go abroad?'. My answer is that it is for the betterment of family it is a great sacrifice by people who go abroad and has to stay away from their family.

Regards,

TDU

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi TDU,

Thanks for peeping in..yes what you have said is true...but then the families were close knit...you had lot of emotional and moral support from your near ones and relatives and even neighbours....

today the scene is different...a person who gets married when he was in india on vacation...goes back to see his 3 years old kid.....this has been discussed on and off..today the relatives and neighbours are not ready to give a call...forget help...

3. balamotwani

balamotwani Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shanvy,

I read the poem. I am happy that you are writing poems that everyone can read and understand easily.

I dont mind if you give english translation so that it helps me to explain my dear sis.

It is really a great sacrifice done by the full family. Atleast nowadays the internet, phone, email have made the distance short. But nothing like being under one roof.

Keep writing poems. Good.

Bala

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi bala,

Nice that you liked the poem
    Check out the translation and tell me if i have really done the justice..because translating is also an art...

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Shanti,

I must say a wonderful poem.Firstly bcs u are from the South and to write Hindi so well and ryhme it so well, is great.The meaning is so great,brings tears to eyes.Yes i can understand how lonely u must be feeliong, and also for people whose partners are abroad.

In my family, it is common was common rather for dads to work overseas for 2 to 3 years, before they coyuld see their families.Many times they would see the face of their child after a few years, and the child was born in absence.So the letter was so important.

My grandfather died when he was working in Aftrica,and had 4 kids, Dad being the eldest, and the youngest, he could never see, bcs he was born in huis absence.Grandfather died of some infection in Africa, and granny got the news by telegram, and never got to see the dead body or the ashes ever.And the telegram came on Diwali Day.

But she never stopped us kids from celebrating Diwali.Thats how life can be Shanti.

Thanks and regards.kamal

6. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

:eek:mg:Shanthi:clap:clap:clap This is wonderful not bad ya your hindi too is marvellous.
    kya baat hai wah wah. Let me light a candle here to see the gem more clearly:-D
    Thanks for the link or I would have missed this wonderful piece of work of yours. It is great dear. It really brought tears to my eyes. It is so true to leave without your loved ones
    Mann khush kar laytay hai tasveer dekh kar aur phone pay awaz sun kaey.............
    But yeh this will never make you satisfied until that person is with you.
    I would like to share an incident of mine. When I was in Fiji for about 3 1/2 yrs at first we all three went together but as the coo took place the primeminister was kidnapped and all the teachers got migrated to newzealand or australia and the education there was so horrible that I had to keep my son in India, I know he was well taken care off, but as I have only one son so staying with out him was just horrible. but had to stay for 2 yrs without him but soon as we got transfered to Malaysia I got him back with us and have decided will never leave him alone. But nothing happens as we decide in life He has written what all we have to go through it.
    I feel very sad when husband and wife have to stay seperately I know sometimes they have to becoz of some circumstances, one cannot help in such case But the sacrifice these people make is great only they can understand the pains as these are the one who have gone through it.
    I can understand the feelings that you and Mr. Veda is going through, even though it is for a short time you have expressed them in your poem and the reply Mr. Veda has given you.
    And Sathya your hindi too is good ya. yes it is true we get the green leaves there too but sometimes it is the circumstances that comes on the way where we have to choose what is good for the family too. Now I am going to rob your sentence.
    The crown is good on you and shanthi and I will enjoy the glitter.......:-D

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji,

thanks for your complement. how hard it would have been for your grandmother..and her brave front in front of the kids...i believe they are the true achievers in life right....

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi aruna,

Thanks for the complement. Phone, chatting, and pictures never compensate for the real thing..but that is how life is....