1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Just venting.....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamla, Dec 6, 2007.

1. varasangam

varasangam New IL'ite

Dear Kamla,

How aptly said!! I have the similar experience couple of months ago and it is indeed heart wrenching at times. In saying that, whatever little time we have spent with each other has been most precious and will be cherished life long. I feel that every time they visit us or visa versa, the bond is same and as we grow older we relate to them than they relate to us and mothers being mothers as divine as Cheeniya sir as said rightly!!!

Kudos to all the mothers of the world, I am sure all of you agree with me.:hatsoff

Regards
    Vara

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Roopa,

What has age got to do with all this. Some are very thoughtful and have the maturity even at a very young age and you surely are one of them!
    True, it is only our experiences that will stay with us and we should cherish them.

L, Kamla

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Liebste Sudha,

Ich freu mich, Du hast gute Vortschritt gemacht mit dein Deutsch. Ehrlich gesagt, mein Deutsch wird schlechter vom Tag zu Tag...leider. :(
    Weir kann zusammen ueben?!!
    Right now, things must be quite sad in your case, what mother having to cope with her biggest loss and it cannot be easy on you as you are not even close to her. I understand your situation only too well. I too have gone through that phase. It took something like 5 years for my mom to keep dry eyes! Even now, we break into tears when we think of our dad. So, take heart Sudha, it will somewhat heal with time, at least, the pain will be very numb.

Hugs,
    Kamla

4. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kamalaji,

Your post has moved me deeply since my aged mother is lying in hospital in India. I am feeling miserable not being able to visit her and only consolation is my sisters are near her.

Regards,

TDU

5. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla,

You have wonderfully vent how much you miss your mom and how you were not able to spend more time with her during the daily course while she stayed with you. Oh...my...Kamla, you exactly wrote how I felt when my father came and stayed with me and went back to India. Kutti Kavya was even more kutti baby that time, that my hands were full, then the daily chores at home like cooking, cleaning, washing, groceries, etc. and to add to all this I also had to find time for IL. All these made me find little time for my Appa.

But you know what he hardly felt so and was happy that he was close to me physically and enjoyed all the little time we spent together and all the time he got to spend with Kavya. It is only me who feel really guilty.

A million dollar question and you make so many of us think through for an answer.

Malathy

6. Lotus007

Lotus007 Senior IL'ite

Hello Kamla

This was a really interesting post. You have carved your feelings in beautiful words.

I do not speak much, so I always have the disability to convey my feelings across. This time on my best friends advise, I hugged my mom for sometime. She held me tight and I think I spoke to her in volumes. Again on my friends advise, I placed my head on her lap and went to sleep. She was playing with my hair. Her touch made me feel like a new born baby. All my worries, sorrows, deadlines vanished. Her hand, her touch calmed my nerves and I went to sleep. I spend around an hour with her whenever I visit her.

Your post was very heart touching.

7. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Oh dear Sujata,
    I was not logging in regularly due to, yes, my mother is here for a short stay. Even though I have a love-hate relationship with her, I cannot leave her lonely, so spend my time with her. What you have said is true, mom is also old and is not in the pink of her health, so asking her to visit us is difficult. She had come here after 2 years. She will be leaving to Bangalore on the coming Saturday and already I am starting to feel bad. Aravindh asks me for a rope to tie his patti to his home.
    My mother's heart is with her son and dil so I just let her be happy wherever she is. I always am a little apprehensive about her possible visit next.
    What can we do, other than feel sad?

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear TDU,

I am very sorry to read about your mother. I can understand how hard it must be on you. My prayers are with you and your mother and for her speedy recovery.

L,Kamla

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathy,

Life goes on and work has to be attended. Here, we do not have any house help and our attention definitely gets divided amongst many things. But like you say, only parents can be large hearted and will never take us in the wrong sense. That's the beauty of parents:)

L, Kamla

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lotus ( another name for Kamala!),

Your's was a very touching reply to my post!

I could just picture you laying your head on your mother's lap. I think that must be the coziest place in the world!
    Just recently, I encouraged my friend to visit her mom and she did go on a fleeting visit to India and is back and all smiles at the thought of spending the time with her mom.
    Such is the mother-daughter bond..call it magic!

L, Kamla