1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Just venting.....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamla, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

Kamla,
    I am sure that today your mom sees herself reflected in you. Rest assured that even you will mellow down when you reach her age. That is what experience is and it is hard to get when young. Just as her journey in life taught/made her to mellow down, at this stage even few moments spent together are precious to you both, of this i am sure.

2. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kamla,

I am so happy that you got to have your mom here for some time. your post and the
    replies made me a little emotional. I think all the daughters are attached to their mothers. Time just flies when your loved ones are visiting you. Anyway, I am glad now
    she is safe in India. take care.

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla
    Honestly, that moved me, especially the last lines.
    But being one of the few fortunate ones who could live with his mother continuously for over sixty years, I can tell you that they are supremely happy even if you give them a glance amidst your busy schedule. They dont mind at all about the quantity or quality of the time that you spend with them.
    Their story is not far different from what the Lord expects of His devotee. The story of how the Lord pointed out to a poor peasant as superior to Narada who spent all his time chanting the Lord's name has been quoted here already! Mothers have the same Divine attitude towards their children as that of the Lord towards His devotees!
    Sri

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malspie,

It is not my words that are of any worth, it is this precious mother-child bond that is worth many many millions!
    And I can very well guess that you understand it to the T. I have read your wonderful article about how you looked after your dear mother and nursed her. That essay of yours will always stay in my thoughts.

L, Kamla

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Blondie,

That is what experience is and it is hard to get when young

Your above lines brought a smile to my face. True, one feels 'young' in the shadow of one's mother. Nevermind if the 'child' is a grandma..twice over!!
    But one learns all the time and matures...and God willing, I have much to learn and mature.

L, Kamla

[

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Madhu for your kind words and wishes. Me too, I am glad that she is safely back in India.

L, Kamla

[

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya sir,

You too! It's an honor indeed!

I am not surprised that you are moved. I have read in your own columns about your respectful love for your mother and how you stoicly advocated everyone to nurture the same. I am not as blessed as you are and can only savor my mom's company very occassionaly.

But then, the anecdote of Naradamuni is a sure consolation! Thank you for the timely reminder:)

L, Kamla

8. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi Kamla,

Nice to know that your mom has reached safely.

Time spent with near and dear ones is very precious and the most joyous moments of our life. So forget what you couldn't do or should have done instead remember what you did and how you both enjoyed those moments and cherish it.

I know that probably i am much youger to you...but this is how my husband & i view our life.

Warm regards
    Roopa.

9. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamla,

Heutzutage bin ich bestezt mit deutsch unterricht! Am i sounding sensible....i guess only u can judge if at all i have done justice to my deutsch learning!
    But your venting made me also depressed......i too talk to my mom nowadays....suddenly i feel she is all lonely. Before i always felt she did not need me for her emotional upkeeping, so only talked to her to vent my feelings. But nowadays i know she needs me to keep her emotionally strong and i feel so helpless sometimes. Of course it will be the same case when i bring her here next summer, after all the difficulties of travel,, it will be so short a time and she will leave again. I also have been thinking about these things....that too in old age, theyneed us now more than ever!
    But i guess here is where Gita will help, to bring everything in the right perspective and try not to get emotionally overwhelmed by situations and relationships. ll easily said than done!
    But glad that you could spend some time with her physically! Parents especially mothers are Mothers!

10. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

dear kamla,
    ur post really touched me!the love that a mother has towards her child is same through out the world.and i think however old and busy we get they just understand us!!!!one person whom u can always rely upon!!!!sometimes it gets really difficult living abroad leaving our closed one's behind.
    regards
    pavithra