1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Just venting.....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamla, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sunkan,

I can see the sparks of wisdom in your post :) Very true, she was always understanding.
    It is amazing. I used to be terrified of her when young, she did not make it easy on us if we blundered. Today, I keep wondering how she turned so mellow?! Even if I was brash at times with her due to one or the other thing, she never even reacted. I love her. :)

L, Kamla

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla,
    Rarely do you start a thread, so I just rushed here!
    Such a profound post, my Kamala !
    One thing, I note is, as our age increases, our thoughts run on these lines more & more.We never feel satisfied with the justice we do to amma - spending time, qualitatively as well as quantitatively.
    But that is life - the inevitable, but mundane, oft-repeated words.
    Though living just 400 kms away, I have'nt seen Amma for more than 6 months ! Planning a trip next week.But, I also know, after going there, I will start worrying if V is comfortable in Chennai, in the children's houses !
    Oh, the woes of a woman - daughter & wife !
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamla,

Your thread made me emotional and I remembered the times that my mom has come to visit me..every time she leaves, the house feels so empty and the first 10 days or so is the worst..everywhere I turn, I feel her presence..it is so strong..it is as if she is in the next room and I'll see her soon...or she is sitting in front of me cutting vegetables and watching TV...and is going to speak to me in a minute...and then it hits me so badly that she is not there...

I sometimes think that maybe there is a spiritual connection there as well...coz to feel SO strongly about someone, maybe they also are thinking of you in that second..and in a perverse way that gives me comfort...

Glad to know that yr mom reached India safely.:)

Give her our regards and love,
    Aarushi

4. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kamla mam,

good to know that ur mom reached home safely.

even with the busy schedules i hope u had good time with her and you said it rightly that time just FLY when we dont want and it will STRETCH when we want the days to pass by quickly....

convey my regards to her.

5. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear, dear Kamla,

I have to thank Vidya first for nominating this wonderful post of yours. It's a classical piece which only the likes of you can write. I need to learn brevity from you. To create a similar effect I have to write 3000 words; you do it with less than 300.

I don't know whether this will be some consolation to you. Anyhow I want to write this to balance the picture.

It is not the physical distance that matters, Kamla. You naively think that those of us who are in India, and those of us who live with our parents, spend quality time with them.

It was my Dad's birthday and we all went out to eat.I had picked up a traditional South Indian restaurant, Modern Restaurant, for the event. In the course of conversation my father told me that I was talking to him more when I was in the US. I used to call him every other day and talk to him for a few minutes.

Of course I take him out to the Doctor and help him with his chores. But we have not sat together and talked.

I am now caught in so many things. An unfinished book, unfinished work at office, outings, HE, masonry.. the list is endless. And my Dad also has a busy day. In the morning and afternoon he is busy in his shop. And spends the whole of evening before the TV. And after writing these I know these are all lame excuses.

Thanks for making us all stop on our tracks, albeit for a little while.

I know as a Moderator of the finest post forum you will not let your entry win the award. I will fight with Malathy to be the moderator at least for this month and give the Award to you.

Thanks once again,
    Love,
    sridhar

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra,

How well you portray our predicament!
    You are complaining about the 400kms, shows your love for your amma. What do you think is the matter with folk like me?...Don't know how we get through these heart wrenching separations.
    You are right, it is not often I get to write my thoughts. May be I am afraid of laying my soul bare?!! But this time, I wanted to lighten my heart by sharing.

L, Kamla

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aarushi,

How well you have written. It could be my thoughts that you have penned here!
    At times of goodbyes and farewells, one almost wishes that one did not visit!
    I too agree on this theory of 'telepathy'! As a matter of fact, I think this bond exists, we may not be able to explain, that's all. :)

L, Kamla

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sreelatha,

I am sure we had some very good moments together, only, they are never enough!
    Thanks for your regards..I will convey. :)

L, Kamla

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

Only you can paint such a wonderful picture about our bonding with our parents. What you write is absolutely true. Even I got the feeling that I spoke more with my mother on phone when she was in India than when she was with me here!! May be we feel that way because nothing is really enough!
    As for your lavish praises, all I can say is that you are too too generous. So also my other dear friends here.
    In any case, love for your mother is such a universal tender feeling that one and all can immediately relate to it, esp in an all (almost!) woman's forum!

L, Kamla

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Oh My Dear Kamla,

Let me thank Vidya for nominating this post and bringing it to my notice. By the time I reached the last para, my eyes were moist and tears were all set to roll down. Kamla your words are worth million dollars, in their old age, they look more like babies to us than our mothers. I never knew when I took up the role of a mother of my mother. All of a sudden she had transformed in to a baby helplessly waiting for my decisions, opinions, help and hope. How much ever we do for them, we will always have the guilt feeling of something missing .... Its their love that is weighing on our head... Their unconditional love which cannot be measured by any of our deeds.

Bye