1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Just a few lines

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, May 14, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Many have written about jodis here. Marriages are made in heaven they say. Every girl dreams of her super man. I also had dreamt so many things about my husband before marriage. Though I did not get according to my choice I am happy that though he is short tempered , he is very caring. He is not fond of dressing , likes to be simple . He wants everything fast, like they say in tamil ellu na ennai aga irukkanam.
    Some couples while walking on the road walk together and will be in their own world. My husband will be thinking of his destination only while walking on the road and walks very fast . Earlier I used to walk with him but now due to my problem in the leg and due to the operations I had I am not able to walk with him. While walking he will never see back whether I am coming. Sometimes he sees. I being an obedient wife try to walk as fast as I can. Now a days wherever we go , we go together.
    If he meets any of his friend he will stand and talk to them and I wait for him to finish his talk. Hope our life will continue like this caring for reach other and God gives good health in the rest of our life.

2. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Viji mami, nice to read about JODIS here.

Again one more similarity here.......my father expects the same from my mother but with age she cannot cope up with the same speed with which she used to do before and so we children keep reminding them..you are growing older so do not expect things to be done the same way !! What to do.......that is life !!

3. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

so funny. I am also married for 37 years. We both live in a different world and at the same time have stated to understand each other. May be I am slow learner. I talk a lot, make friends easy and he is just opposite. Took me a long time to adjust. But now we are happy with each other.

Have a great married life.

Peace Be with you.:coffee

4. libra4164

libra4164 Silver IL'ite

Hi Viji maam,
    You are right pairs are made in heaven, I am just wondering who made these men short tempered:rant.People say that wait a few years and then guys mellow down; after reading your post my that hope is gone too.

5. jananirbk

jananirbk Senior IL'ite

Dear Viji Mam:

Your post reminded me of my mom and Dad. My Dad is also like that!! short-tempered and while walking, he never looks back to check whether my mother is following him or not!! I always feel bad for her that she has to literally run behind him. She had lost track of him most of the times early and thanks to the cellphone, now she is coping up with him, but my Dad's love for my mother is ever growing, that he cannot be without her even for a week!! Nice writeup Viji Ma..

Regards,
    Janani Natarajan

6. latha85

latha85 Silver IL'ite

i just remembered my dad in ur few lines...........he also, short temper, do not looking back while walking......and the same time...very caring....my mom is also just like you......

7. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Dear viji mom!sweet post as usual.yes,i think everybody believes in saying,"marriages are made in heaven".It's so nice to read that both are you are very caring.But god always brings two different people together with completely different tastes.opposites attract it seems.i feel that's the key to a happy and satisfying married life.regs-anu:)

8. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji Mam,

So nicely and lucidly you express the facts of life.

My parents had 40 years of their marriage this year... And some of the things are very common with them as you mentioned. My father is not a short tempered, but a great thinker. He always resides in his own world. He has his own (and very different) way of taking care of us, me, my brother and my Mom.

Incidentally, he also walks very fast, and my Mom never can keep pace with him. He will hardly notice whether my Mom is following him or not and it becomes so messy and difficult for my poor Mom in the busy street of Kolkata, occasionally when they go there!

Oh God, all through our life, we have seen them fighting with each other. But we, me and my brother, concluded that this is the way of their expressing love for each other! My Mom feels so insecured when she is ill or my father doesn't keep well, though we are around! They just can't be without each other. So they will show me hundred reasons when I insist on one of them coming and staying with me (as both of them coming together is ruled out for some other concerns). So nice of their Jodi !!

Your post reminded me of their little nice things and made me home-sick... It is long since I met them.

God bless you all with healthy and peaceful life.

Regards

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sudha

Thanks for the first fb. So your parents are also the same.So I have company. My dh is very caring. Today also morning while walking first he started walking along with me and after sometime was going ahead. Sometime he walks slowly , sometimes very fast.

But we miss each other.

love
    viji

10. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

dear viji

I was laughing while reading your thread because here too the same case except he is not short tempered. In our daily walk I used to threaten him that if he didnt keep the pace with me I will divorce him. Now i gave up and walked two feets behind him. My father was a very short tempered man but my mother was very proud to say that he was short tempered because she knew that my father loved her so much. kopamirukkum idathil gunairukkum.

ganges