June 2014 BLESSED MOM'S TO BE!!!!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by tinygirl, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Whitelight

Whitelight Silver IL'ite

Dear bavya...

I hope the pain will go away.. Yes the internal exam can cause some pain and discomfort after that... But it will go away. Keep drinking lots of water.. It will help to keep going during these weeks ..

My daughter was born on the first day of 37 th week and she weighed 5'11" . That was perfect for that week. No, she did not have any feeding issues. Soon after she was delivered doc put her on my chest and she started sucking( breastfeeding) rightaway like a pro... Everyone in the room was elated! They started commenting that she got a good practice sucking her finger all this while.. :) . I breastfed her for 18 months...never used bottles.

Hang in there.. But if baby decides to come early...now, Thats ok dear:)

2. Whitelight

Whitelight Silver IL'ite

Dear bavya...

I hope the pain will go away.. Yes the internal exam can cause some pain and discomfort after that... But it will go away. Keep drinking lots of water.. It will help to keep going during these weeks ..

My daughter was born on the first day of 37 th week and she weighed 5.11 lb . That was perfect for that week. No, she did not have any feeding issues. Soon after she was delivered doc put her on my chest and she started sucking( breastfeeding) rightaway like a pro... Everyone in the room was elated! They started commenting that she got a good practice sucking her finger all this while.. . I breastfed her for 18 months...never used bottles.

Hang in there.. But if baby decides to come early...now, Thats ok dear

@tinygirl ,
    How are you doing now? Do you have any symptoms of goings into labor?

3. tinygirl

tinygirl Silver IL'ite

Yesterday was an eventful day for me. Around 11 AM or so, when I went to loo, I saw I had lost my mucus plug. It was brownish and not reddish, so I went to my hubby and told calmly that I have lost my mucus plug. His face reaction was like " why do you keep stuff somewhere and always loosing " hehehe. Then I myself explained what it is and told we need to go to hospital. Though I knew its not a strong labour indication, I was hoping I may go to labour soon.

When we went to hospital, I met the assistant of my doc, and told her I lost my mucus plug and her reaction was "Where" hahahaha.(I controlled max not to laugh on her face and my hubby was laughing loudly behind her :p) I didn't know how to explain so I told her, I had spotting.

Since my doc was in labour ward, she asked me to wait. Since there was no pain I could sit and wait without much problem. Once the doc came, she did internal check-up and told, I am 1 cm dilated and asked if I want can get admitted. If Pain don't come/increase tomo, will dis-charge. I told, I prefer staying at home and will come once the pain increases.

I had started getting lower-back ache by then frequently and was sure the pain will increase and I will go into labour. Once I came back, I had lunch and slept for sometime. All this while I was getting back ache and it was manageable. Once I got up, my mom made me jeera kasha. Once I had it, the pain decreased and also the intervals became less. By the night, I knew I may not go into labour

Now from morning, I am absolutely fine and no pain at all :( Only having some back ache sometimes. Don't know how the actual labour and when it will start. I am still waiting ...

4 people like this.
  4. tinygirl

tinygirl Silver IL'ite

Entering my 40th week from today

2 people like this.
  5. mcutiepie

mcutiepie Gold IL'ite

Hi tinygirl:

I am expecting in July... i was reading about three phases of labor:

Phase 1: It can last from hours to weeks... where in we dilate till 3 cms and contractions are mild here. From your post, it seems you are in this phase. It is generally recommended to stay at home during this phase and try to relax yourself...

Phase 2: dialation till 7 cm happen here and this phase is generally in hospital and lasts from 2-4 hours and contractions will be stronger in this phase.

Phase 3: This is the most intensive and shortest among all phases... 15 mins to 1 hours when finally dilation till 10 cm happens...

All the very best for your d-day as it seems to be approaching now..

4 people like this.
  6. Whitelight

Whitelight Silver IL'ite

Tinygirl..

Nice to hear your story... Hang in there, you already started dilating...hopefully it will proceed into the second phase faster. Walking and climbing stairs is good at this stage.

All the best ...keep writing

7. askdee

askdee Bronze IL'ite

Tinygirl,

Good Luck...you are almost there...
    As other ladies suggested try climbing the stairs and mopping and squats...
    Take Care and share the good news soon..

8. tinygirl

tinygirl Silver IL'ite

Thanks everyone. Still no pains of pain. At present I am doing only walking. Mom and hubby not allowing me to do squats or mopping as they don't want to try it at this stage. They are scared I may screw it up. Unable to convince them. Even Doc told don't try if you didn't do all this while :(

Will wait till monday and then start with something.

9. april1981

april1981 Gold IL'ite

Hi tiny girl, your symtoms seem just like me. My due date was 11 march and I lost mucus plug on 4 th march. It was brownish and not red. After two days I again lost some more mucus plug the same brown in color. There was absolutely no pain and I was more energetic than ever. Fjnally when I was scheduled for induction on my due date I delivered normally. So labor is just around the corner. All the best.

10. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Tiny Girl,
    It seems like you are gearing up for labor! All the best!
    Hope things will go well!