June 2014 BLESSED MOM'S TO BE!!!!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by tinygirl, Oct 7, 2013.

1. tinygirl

tinygirl Silver IL'ite

In my NT scan, the cdvic length is showing 3 cms. Doc told, if it further reduce in 16 week she need to put stitch.

Just praying it's just a varying factor or some mistake done in the scan and hopefully everything turns out well. How about you gals? Any one got NT scan done?

2. Soulsong

Soulsong Silver IL'ite

Hi dear,
    lets hope everything is fine and you don't have to get the stitches..
    good ,the baby is doing fine. You said you have lower back pain..yes some people get it very early in pregnancy. During my daughters time i got lower back ache around the end of 8 th month,but this time my back is already sore and stiff at times. I usually do some basic stretching..stretching my hamstring muscles..muscles on the back side of your thighs. These are directly connected to your lower back..when you work on these your back get stretched too ..there are many yoga poses..for lower back which are safe during pregnancy...but i want to caution you..since your doc was suspecting that your cervix length is short you dont want to do anything to disturb that.so pls consult with your doc before you do any excercise.
    for now applying heat with a towel..will be a better idea.

i am doing ok..somedays are better,somedays are bad.. Winter weather is bad for pregnancy..just dont feel like doing anything plus since sun comes out very rarely during these months..my mood is all dull... Just waiting for some sun..to bask in it and get some feel good hormones
    :2thumbsup:

Everything will be fine dear...take care

3. pardesigirl

pardesigirl New IL'ite

Hey Vidya - Many congratulations and I am so pleased to join this club. Just finished my first trimester. Feels great - Looking to pamper myself now! My doc said "just treat yourself"

Are you based in London? Are you still working?

Would love to know more about you.

Cheers

4. pardesigirl

pardesigirl New IL'ite

Hi Soulsong - Join the gang...I have never felt so dull but the weather is just making it worse! I do get back aches too...i was told pregnancy massages are particularly good. Have you ever tried it? This is my first pregnancy so I often come up with so many questions and sometimes online forums create further doubts!

Let the sun shine on all of us!!!! Happy to meet you virtually :)))

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  5. Soulsong

Soulsong Silver IL'ite

Hi pardesigirl...
    :welcome to the club. I know the weather makes things so difficult..my tolerance to cold has come down so drastically..i too get backaches..i usually resort to some yoga stretches. I had taken few prenatal yoga lessons during my first time...and that helps me.
    you are welcome to ask any questions here.. We will try to help if we can.
    Have you got hold of a book " what to expect when you are expecting" ? Its like a bible for pregnancy. All first term moms should read that...its very informative.

You are in India or london?

6. Soulsong

Soulsong Silver IL'ite

A quick update...i was expecting all my symptoms to disappear by the time i complete 3 months..but i am in for a rude awakening. Since last 2 days i have been vomiting after every meal..accompanied with it is soreness all over my body..as if i am having fever. I am so tired and hungry...but i dont feel like eating anything fearing vomiting.
    I hope this is just a temporary phase and will pass by soon..

7. ukwldcat

ukwldcat New IL'ite

I feel very sad to say I miscarried this weekend. It is very hard but trying to move on.
    Thanks to everyone for all the support. Have a happy and health pregnancy.

Soulsong,
    Hope you feel better from the nausea and tiredness. May be its just few days thing. All days are not same in pregnancy.
    I have few questions please help. Is there any special care we should take after this? Anything specific we should be looking into? How long should we wait before trying again. Did doctor tell you anything in your case? Any tips when we are trying to conceive again?

8. Soulsong

Soulsong Silver IL'ite

Hi ukwldcat,

very sorry to hear about your miscarriage dear..i know its very depressing..but life should go on... Miscarriage is natures way of eliminating an embryo that had some defect, you have not done anything wrong to cause this. its better that this happened this early in your pregnancy..than realizing that something is wrong later in pregnancy and making a difficult decision to keep it or not..

If you miscarried naturally without medical intervention,then i assume everything is cleared out of your body and you dont have to wait longer..whenever you think you are ready you can try to conceive again. Have you heard .."those who miscarry conceive immediately"..i believe that. I conceived immediately after i miscarried. So be positive dear.
    I am sure you will conceive a very healthy baby soon.. Waiting for a good news .you will be in my prayers dear.
    i am feeling a little better now...fingers crossed.
    keep in touch.

9. tinygirl

tinygirl Silver IL'ite

I second Soulsong. she has given all the required information.

@pardesigirl: NO dear, I live in bangalore. I used to live in Dubai before now we are back for good

@souldsong: My doc was not happy with the report and she was telling maybe its wrong. She told she will do it again in 16th week and confirm it. i too wish there was some mistake while taking the measurement. Are you already doing some exercises? I was thinking to start after 3.5 months. As it's my first prey, you know bit scared ;)

10. Soulsong

Soulsong Silver IL'ite

Hi vidya,
    Let that be a mistake.. Dont worry too much thinking about it..
    hey you uploaded a ticker.. How did you do that ? I got a lilypie code, but then i am not able to upload the bbcode in the forum..."invalid code" thats what it says.
    tried contacting the moderators..she asked for the bbcode,then nothing happened.
    pls tell me how you did it. You just copy the whole bbcode and paste it in the box for url right?