June 2011 moms

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by akijay, Oct 25, 2010.

1. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@ramyav I seriously miss the pampering so much so that I feel like crying! My mom is here with me for a month. She will be back again during my delivery.

@achu1 good to know he enjoys library time. shayna keeps biting and tearing all the books. when we ask Shayna 'Where is the baby' she points at my stomach. Sometimes she points at everyones stomach. She comes and occassionally kisses my stomach too.

I am so worried about my weight gain for this pregnancy. After Shayna was born I lost 50 pounds. The post delivery weight loss just scares me since everyone say it is difficult to get back to original weight after second delivery.

1 person likes this.
  2. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

@ramyarmani: I know what you should be going through...September is not far and your mom is gonna be back with you...enjoy it while it lasts :)

wow, you lost 50 pounds after Shayna was born...hats off to you :)
    I am 10 pounds over my pre pregnancy weight...I was overweight even before my pregnancy and now I need to lose atleast 25 pounds to be back to my pre marital weight...my weight loss journey starts july 1 :)

3. achu1

achu1 Silver IL'ite

@ramyaramani: Wonderful reaction from Shayna:))

I cant believe you lost 50 pounds without any workouts. It is good if you are not pregnant. But with second pregnancy.... eat well.... you need energy. All the best.

4. achu1

achu1 Silver IL'ite

@ramyav: All the best for your post pregnancy weight loss jouney.

5. ramyaramani

@achu1 I worked out. I also followed portion control in foods. I did not eat junk food the first 6 months post delivery. Ate lots of fruits/veggies.

6. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

Thanks achu1...Im trying to bridge both work and home and havent started on exercises so far...hopw to hit the gym soon :)

7. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

You are an inspiration ramyaramani...so howz the pregnancy going? Is it any different from the last time?

8. stork82

stork82 Silver IL'ite

Hi Ramya,

Hope you are doing good. I remember you mentioning some months ago that you went to India with Shayna. I am travelling to India with Ashwin(23 months now :)) in two days. I wanted to check with you, on if you could share the checklist you used for things you carried with you for the India trip. I am already carrying diapers, some of his favorite toys for during the flight trip, cotton buds to help him ease with ear pain during landing and take off, and Benadryl with me, just in case he falls sick. Is there anything else that I am missing?
    I will be flying Emirates. I am planning to take a few idlis for Ashwin, and may be one or two yogurt cups, and a small bottle of juice. Are these allowed in the flight? Ashwin is nearing 2, and you know how noisy these toddlers can get. Did you have anyone tell you in the flight that your child is getting very noisy and needs to be controlled? :hide: I can do whatever is in my capacity to keep my son distracted, but there is only so much you can do sometimes.
    Lastly, would love to hear any tips from you Ramya, on how i can make this trip easy for the two of us. Thank you in advance, hope you read this. :)

9. ramyaramani

@stork Carry general medicines for cold and fever too. Have you ordered baby meal or child meal? It is always better to carry other food items (I took 2 packets of gerber purees for emergency).

I flew from D.C. They asked me to open mott's applesauce packets and even the soy milk cans. Are you talking about the small gerber bottle juice or caprisun types? This may be a problem.

Shayna slept through the first flight. In fact she had high fever, had vomiting and loose stools! While returning back she was definitely noisy but then no passengers complained. After all they had no choice.

General tips:

If Ashwin watches TV, then make use of the in flight entertainment as much as possible.
    Give only one favorite toy at a time.
    Take him for rounds in the flight. It is difficult but it does buy some peaceful time.
    If he likes playing with cups, then make use of the water cup in the flight. I generally used to get about 10 cups for Shayna and she would play/bite/drop in general dirty the whole seat within 10 minutes.
    If the flight seems empty, then try to get the 3/4 seater as soon as boarding is completed (before take off).

10. stork82

stork82 Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much for the reply Ramya. Truly appreciate it.
    Baby meal. Do they allow Idlis to be carried?

Neither Ramya. Just regular juice in a milk bottle.

What is 3/4 seater?:hide: