June 2011 moms

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by akijay, Oct 25, 2010.

1. lathangi.ch

lathangi.ch Bronze IL'ite

@ramyaramani - planning to send to preschool already?? My mom will leave to India by end of June. I am planning to send Tanvi to day care? I thought preschools start at age of 3. Could you share additional info?

@ramyav - Hope Rithu gets adjusted to new place. Is he playing with other kids at daycare??

2. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

Ramyaramani: Rithu cried badly for the first 2 weeks...kept throwing up every day the first week and then kept crying all thru the day the second week...then contracted a ear infection...the last week he doesnt seem to be crying in the daycare but is not happy going there...he throws a lot of tantrums at home...doesnt wanna change his clothes, refuses to eat his b.fast...until now he doesnt eat anything in the daycare...survives with a cup of yogurt from 9-5 everyday...he has lost a lot of weight n the doc asked me give him pediasure but event that he did not like...we hv asked my in-laws to come with us when we come back...we r thinking of a gradual transition for him after we r back...he wl be going thr for 5 hrs-3 days/week in march...wl increase gradually...

3. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

@lathangi: I think they call it prechool here from 2 yrs onwards...infact to americans, school sounds better for them as they hv all enjoyed going to school...in India, I dont think school has been looked at that way...atleast I have alwayz looked forward to vacation time when I was at school...

4. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

Thanks ramyaramani. This will be the first trip abroad for Rithu...the last time he did gud with a cross country flight but this on will be longer...keeping my fingers crossed...

5. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@latha pre-school is just for 2 hours 9-11 AM. As Ramya said it is the glorified version of day care. The preschool over her starts at age 2. They mainly do arts and crafts in addition to playing in the mud/play area, eating & sleeping. In the school that I am looking at, kids need not be potty trained.

@ramyav that is scary to hear. I am not looking forward to the day when Shayna oes to day care. I am sure I would be sitting outside crying!

You can mix pediasure with 1/2 milk/1/2 FM and try. I started giving bright beginnings (soy version of pediacare) by mixing it with almond milk. Now she takes it as-is too. But as always giving any food to Shayna is a struggle.

6. ramyaramani

Gals,

I have a good news to share. I am going to be part of Sep 2013 due date club. Quite an unexpected news for us. Am feeling nervous/scared so it is taking time to sink in.

7. lathangi.ch

@ramyaramani -Congratulations!! Since last week,my mind is filled with thoughts of planning for second one and today I heard this good news from you.. All the best :thumbsupand don't get scared. I am really so happy for you!

8. lathangi.ch

Thanks Ramya.. But if this preschool is just for 2 hours, do you we send to daycare for the rest of the day? or does daycare provide full time preschool option?

9. ramyaramani

@latha Thank you.

Some pre-schools have the option of extending themselves as a day care. You might want to check that option.

For 2 year category the school is only for 2 hours. For 3 & 4 years the school hours are till 3.

10. lathangi.ch

@ramyaramani - Sure.. i will find out more info.. Thanks!