June 2011 moms

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by akijay, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Sankna

Sankna Bronze IL'ite

Friends, so its more than a month there has been any update in June11 moms .. ours used to be one of the highly active threads here :-(

How are you all doing.. I am sure your little ones are rocking.. Raksha is growing so fast, has picked up a lot of words and she amazes me sometimes by reproducing words at the right moment sometimes :) And I have noticed that she observes things so closely.. even if one Dabba in the kitchen is misplaced , she points to that same place and says " gone" new word she has learnt and tries to apply as much as possible :)

It would be nice if you all just occasionally come here and update whenever you find time ..

2. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@ sankna nice to hear from you after a long time. Glad to know about Raksha's improving communication.

Shayna is back in her growth charts (whew!). The visit to the gastroenterologist and nutrionist helped us in identifying the right food items alongwith her food allergies. Looks like the food allergies are the side effect for some vaccine.

We have moved from NJ. Shayna was confused the 1st few days. Now she has settled comfortably. But both of us are bored to death here. It is snowing which also limits us from going out.

Shayna climbs on to chairs and jumps from there. She helps me in unloading the dishwasher. In fact gets angry if I do it alone. Temper tantrums are terrible. Goes without saying she inherits them from her parents.

3. achu1

achu1 Silver IL'ite

Wishing you all and your family a Happy 2013!!!

Hope all your LOs are doing great.

I've a lot to say. We got residency and hence no more viisa problems.
    Had a nice holiday and Aarav enjoyed all the pamperings and cuddlings of his grandparents.
    After the trip Aarav has changed from active to super active.
    Eventhough he plays on his own, he listens to our conversations and then responds.
    That is good, I know. But the problem is,
    If I complain any of his actions to his dad, suddenly he goes and repeat that act. Grrrr....
    He has no fear ladies.....

Second child: My parents and PILs are old.Then taking care of Aarav alone made us take the decision 'one is enough'

Potty training: I've to buy baby toilet seat and stool. Then 'll start training.

4. achu1

achu1 Silver IL'ite

@remyaramani: It is glad to know that Shayna is back in her growth chart. The weather here prevents us too from trotting. "Like parents, like daughter" Huh???

5. achu1

achu1 Silver IL'ite

@Sankna: Happy to hear some updates about Raksha. Yes, our LOs are very bright to their age.

6. ramyaramani

@ach1 Happy New Year. Congratulations on getting residency. Glad to know Aarav enjoyed his India trip. I just hate the first few days after coming back from India. These kids do threaten us. I keep saying to Shayna that 'I am the mother. I can only scold/threaten/get angry.' Of course no use.

7. achu1

achu1 Silver IL'ite

@ramyaramani: Thank you... Those days, I dont want to remember. He was like anything because of loneliness. He didnt sleep or eat or play, was very clinggy. Gradually only he recovered.
    Me and my words have no value in the case of Aarav. Now I see a big question "How am I going to bring up Aarav???"

8. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

Hi All,

Long time since I posted here.
    @achu: Congrats on the residency...no more visa issues n itz so much of a relief na...
    @ramyaramani: Gud to hear Shayna is back on her growth charts...

My update: Parents left 2 weeks back and Rithu now goes to the daycare...uff...this has been the toughest stage for us...he still cries n throws a lot of tantrums to escape from not going but after 3 weeks now he doesnt cry when hez there...ofcourse in the morning he cres like crazy...he doesnt eat anything in the daycare n Ive got to figure out what he will eat...Thankfully, the project I was working on got over n now I hv no work at office...but hubby is having double work as his subordinate is on a vacation...so that makes me feel like a single parent...and yay, we are going on a vacation to India in feb...Im actually visiting india after 3 yrs...loads of temple visits awaiting...hv a packed schedule but am still looking forward to the break :)

9. ramyaramani

@ramyav I was going to message you in FB to ask how Rithu is settling in day care, when I saw your post in IL. It is truly a heart breaking situation when they cry. Hopefully in a few days he would settle down happily. Am planning to send Shayna to day care for 1-2 hours from April. From September planning on sending her to pre-school. Let me see how it works out.

10. ramyaramani

@Ramyav Have a safe and enjoyable trip to India