June 2011 moms

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by akijay, Oct 25, 2010.

1. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@sandhya Even Shayna poops in the squatting position. But I seriously dont know how to shift her to potty! Have to start reading up.

Oh wow. DD scribbles!

No plans for baby 2 as of now. DH wants only one since he is an only child. I want 2 since I grew up with a sibling. Well...we need to figure it out!

2. lathangi.ch

lathangi.ch Bronze IL'ite

@ramya - I am planning to start potty training after couple of months. My mil left to India and next month we are going to India for 1month vacation. My mom will be here for the next 6months after we return.. Wohoo I managed not to send tanvi to daycare for two years. Thanks to my mom n mil :) I will leave potty training/ sippy cup transition all to my mom. She is very good at patience/training kids and will train DD as I go to work.

For this one month, my friend is looking after Tanvi. She is newly married. For the first two days, she cried miserably,even my frd cried :( But now things are getting settled.

@sandhya - 2nd one?? After seeing me during first pregnancy, my husband decided no more kids and one should be enough! I can't complain on him, I really had a rough pregnancy, but my heart still wants another one, but not in the near future. We will see :)

3. ramyaramani

@Lathangi Oh gosh. You are a lucky one! Potty training is a huge challenge. I can only imagine the plight of your friend. It sure is difficult to manage these LO's.

4. akijay

akijay Bronze IL'ite

Hello Ladies,
    Its been quite a while since i posted here.I always r ead the posts and dont find time to reply..hope all of your lo's are doing well..

Ramya,
    You know what,its just the opposite in my house..im the only child and i always wish for a second one and Dh is happy with rithu only..

Sandhya,
    The other day,rithu had a pen in hand and was trying use it as a spoon to eat baby vaseline..hehe

Latha,
    I used to see tanvi's pictures in fb..she is a doll..i love all her accesories and dress.you have a great dressing sense i guess.my hubby's reactin was also the same latha,after seeing my struggle with gd throughout the pregnancy and so many hours of labor,inspite of all this rithu had to be in the NICU for 5 days...but i am sure will convince himfor the second one..

Oh ha potty training,haven't thought abt that at all.:spin

5. ramyaramani

@akijay Good to see you back. Looks like atleast one person in the family is satisfied with the 1st one. Let us see who goes beyond this.

Hope Rithu is doing fine.

6. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

Hi All,

Have been visiting IL after a very long time...wish they had an app for IL too...
    Rithu is getting really v.naughty these days...and havent really been finding time to concentrate on him...should catch up on that and also should start taking pics/videos of Rithu...havent taken any in the last 3 months :( mom is here and now she has started complaining about wanting to go back soon...parents were scheduled to leave in feb but since mom is wanted back at work sooner, they wl leave in jan itself. So starting jan, Rithu wl be in a day care...
    Potty training...talk to me about this...Im not planning on starting before he turns 2...Boys r said to be more difficult to train than gals n I dont even wanna go near it any time soon...
    Rithu actually lifts one of legs while going potty...he does that like how animals do...who knows may be he was one in his previous birth ;)
    BTW people, pl suggest what could be best indian lunch to be packed for 18 month olds? We are pure vegeterians n Rithu doesnt like eggs also...he is inclined towards spicy food and hasnt had toast so far...I now have 2 months to train him to eat what I'd like to pack for his day care lunch. The day care people are ok to warm up the food if required too.
    Wishing all the LO's and moms a Happy Halloween...so what are the LO's getting dressed up as this time?

7. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

Wow now we have starting discussing on second babies...DH and I have decided we r done with this one...I actually love being pregnant and wl miss having my own daughter but I hv already had a huge break in my career and cant take any more and also since both parents in in-laws wont be able to come for even 6 more months, we have called it DONE. Planning on getting my IUD by the end of november.

8. Sankna

Sankna Bronze IL'ite

Hello friends.

I m back to write after a long time. I just saw that June'13 has started. Exactly 2 years back I was filled with joy and delight of having discovered pregnancy .. time flies really fast :)

Ramya_ramani - hope your India visit was good. Even Raksha sometimes goes potty in squatting position . I tried to make her sit on the potty seat a couple of times , but she usually indicates that she has done potty after its over. Probably it would take a couple of months more for her to indicate before she goes. But she has to anyway wear diapers all the time in daycare, I am wondering how to successfully train her... I see even 3 yr olds wearing diapers in the daycare. Will worry abt it after few months:)

Ramya_cse , looks like work is keeping you real busy. Same here.. due to hectic work and 3 hr travel time , during weekdays I spend so little time with LO. Stuffed parantha's , rava idli, paniyaram could be sent for lunch which Rithu can eat without getting messy. Raksha wants to eat by her hand only and she wants to eat Rasam rice/curd rice all by herself , I feel good that she wants to eat all by herself ( ofcourse the cleaning does take time :-(

9. ramyaramani

@ramyav Have you checked this thread for daycare food ideas http://www.indusladies.com/forums/baby-kids-foods/11671-ideas-packing-lunch-kids-daycare.html

Oh wow. From your post, it looks like your DONE for second child. My MIL and mom are both pestering for second child. God only knows what will happen.

@Sankna Good to hear from you after a long time. Hope Raksha is doing fine.

I am planning to start potty training again after Shayna is 18 months old. 2 more months to go for that. So till that time no worries!

10. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

Hi All,

Wish you and your families a very Happy Diwali !!!

@ramyaramni: Thanks for the link...the whole oint is Rithu doesnt know to self feed himself...he is totally pampered now by his g.parents n they juz dont want to let him feed himself...I should start forcing this from now...thankfully, itz gonna be holiday season n so I might find sometime to do the cleaning up of the mess...
    and yes after much debating, DH n I have managed to convince ourselves that Rithu wl be our only child...all the more, one of our friends here was pregnant with her second and she had so many complications that she had to be on bed rest completely during pregnancy n despite that the baby was born at 33 weeks...their situation was similar to ours in terms of family support n since she was working, she had to invite her mom close to due date...the baby was infact born when her mom landed...her first is 4 and despite of the girl being able to understand a little, she still found it v.difficult not being able to care enuf for her first...not to scare anybody but unless there is a gud family support, 2nd child wl not be all that easy...but I wud suggest to go for a second only if u guys want it...dont go for it bcoz ur MIL is pestering...afterall, it wl be u whoz gonna bring up both the children...