Jun 2013 --- Mom to Be...

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by angel12, Oct 1, 2012.

1. chitmin

chitmin Gold IL'ite

I used to have frequent dizzy spells the last time I was pregnant, and I was told by my doctor that it could be due to falling blood sugar levels (I also have low blood pressure), so I was told to eat more protein and limit sugar (eg cereal/waffles etc) in the morning since that could bring on a sugar rush followed by a slump and thus make me dizzy. I don't mean to frighten anyone, but I had been ignoring my initial dizzy spells thinking that its part of the pregnancy symptoms, but I actually fainted when I was at the store once due to the plummeting blood sugar levels when I was about 34 weeks pregnant (so don't take the dizzy spells lightly).

As long as you take precautions, you'll be fine! :)

2. chitmin

chitmin Gold IL'ite

My belly button is slowly but surely going from an "innie" to an "outie"...I read somewhere that this happens because our uterus is expanding and in turn pushing our abdomen out, and hence the belly button gets pushed out as well. But it will go back in after the delivery once the uterus shrinks back to its original size :)
    But the "outie" bely button tends to be pretty sensitive (at least for me) and I used to feel weird whenever anything touched my belly button!

3. chitmin

chitmin Gold IL'ite

Welcome to the group, Leka!

Even I am intrigued, how did you find out the sex of the baby in India? Way to go, girl!!

Apparently sleeping on your back after 20 weeks, could put pressure on the 'vena cava' which supplies blood to the uterus, and lying on the back could affect the blood flow and thus impact the baby's heart rate. Lying on the left side of the body is supposed to not put pressure on the vena cava, which is why it is often suggested as the sleep position of choice during pregnancy. Also, do you wake up frequently at night when you sleep on your back? 'Coz then that could be your body's way of telling you that you need to change position.

I find using a pillow between my legs was helpful while side sleeping...Maybe you could try that...

4. chitmin

chitmin Gold IL'ite

Can icecream substitute for milk ?:) (I drink a glass of milk each day...but two glasses is pushing it for me!!)

5. hijibiji

hijibiji Bronze IL'ite

@angel

I make ginger tea with lot of milk everyday, but plain milk or milkshake keeps weird after taste :( I eat curd instead. I will try chocolate milk, but dont we supposed to limit caffeine intake? I will ask my doc on march visit.

6. hijibiji

hijibiji Bronze IL'ite

hi leka_praju

congratulations :) I too always sleep on back but from past 5-6 wks I am forcing myself to sleep on my sides, I dont get good night sleep but we are not supposed to lie on back any longer. I read lot of articles on this and it is mentioned that with growing size of uterus, oxygen intake to baby will be less if you lie on back. I asked my doc on my feb visit and she told I dont need to do that this early, but I am trying to make a habit.

7. leka_praju

leka_praju New IL'ite

Hi Angel,

I am in Australia, So the technician will tell the gender of baby after 18 weeks. I am not yet decided name for him.

1 person likes this.
  8. leka_praju

leka_praju New IL'ite

Hi,

Did you tried Milk with Pepper and turmeric, It will give good relief from cough. Boil a glass of milk, when it start boil add 1/2 tb pepper powder, 1/4 tb turmeric and add sugar how much you want. Turn off the flame, drink the milk in medium heat, don't let them cool. I hope it will reduce your cough and vomiting.

Cheers
    Leka

9. angel12

angel12 Gold IL'ite

Thanks chitmin...

today i have my gyne appointment.... will definately consult her...

10. angel12

angel12 Gold IL'ite

As long as you are having i glass of milk each day it shud be fine...

no idea wether ice cream is a substute for mil or not