JULY jugglings.

Discussion in 'Festivals & Special Days' started by Yashikushi, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Nice to put-up your thoughts about J.food Sudha.
    We were here only to celebrate.Heeeeeee.heeeee.given a punch.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]HEY BUDDIES,along with celebration ,take some stuff to your health also_Or else pucnchy pincher is here.Haaaaaaa.Haaaaaaaa

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  2. Yashikushi

Immmmmm...another day for delicious relishings [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its summertime. Hot dogs are center stage on the grill, and at picnics all across America. They are at the ballpark. They are sold from carts on street corners in every city. It's not hard to find them. We consume hundreds of millions of hot dogs on the Fourth of July alone.
    Enjoy National Hot Dog Day to the fullest. Have a couple of hot dogs for lunch or dinner. And, don't forget to cook a few on a stick at the evening campfire.

The Origin of National Hot Dog Day:

The idea of celebrating Hot Dog Day is the brainchild of two [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]students[/COLOR][/COLOR], Mark O'Meara and Eric "Rick" Vaughn.
    Hot Dog Day is an annual event in the village of Alfred, New York. It began in 1972.
    The Hot Dog Season is considered to be the period from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
    [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Sports[/COLOR][/COLOR] cartoonist Tad Dorgan is credited with the coinage of the term "hot dog" in 1901 at the New York Polo Grounds.
    Americans celebrate National Hot Dog Day on July 21 every year.
    Miller Park in Milwaukee is the only Major League Baseballpark that sells more sausages than hot dogs per season.
    The first words that Walt Disney's immortal creation Mickey Mouse ever uttered in a cartoon were “hot dogs” (in “The Karnival Kid, 1929). The cartoons he was featured in were silent ones up until that point.
    The Hot Dog and Bob Series, featuring a talking hot dog and an ordinary boy named Bob, is a very popular children's series.
    New Yorkers consume more hot dogs than any other city, beating out Chicago and Los Angeles.
    According to a [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]study[/COLOR] [/COLOR]in 1999, Americans consumed 7 billion hot dogs or 818 hot dogs every second during the Hot Dog Season.
    The average American is believed to eat approximately 60 hot dogs every year.
    [​IMG]
    National Vanilla Ice Cream Day celebrates one of Americas favorite ice cream flavors. ​

Vanilla and chocolate ice cream vies for the taste buds ice cream lovers. Chocolate may win the popularity contest. But, vanilla is a close second. It is also more refreshing, and more versatile.

Its easy to celebrate Vanilla Ice Cream Day on a hot summer day like today. Enjoy it in a cone, a dish, a float, a shake, or in a cake. If you get it in a cone today, ask for extra scoops, and worry about the calories later.:crazy Just make sure to eat it quickly, before it melts.
    If you go out for ice cream today, watch for discounts and special promotions on vanilla ice cream!

This is my fav & share to all.Ooooooo going to melt.Have it fast.

[​IMG]

3. gvart

gvart Silver IL'ite

Looooooooooooongggggggggggggeeeeeeeesssssssssssssstttttttttttttt HOT DOG!!!:crazy
    Made in the Akasaka Prince Hotel in Tokyo, the dog was officially recognized by Guinness as 60.3 metres long. Yum!!!

Attached Files:

4. gvart

gvart Silver IL'ite

Vanilla Icecream!!!! My Favourite.. :crazyBut running bad cold today.
    Still wont let it go will have one today.

Visham Vishathai Murikum..hehehehehehe:biglaugh

An interesting vanilla ice cream incident..
    Vanilla Ice Cream that puzzled General motors’!!!!
    An Interesting Story
    Never underestimate your Clients' Complaint, no matter how funny it might seem! This is a real story that happened between the customer of General Motors and its Customer-Care Executive. Pls read on.....
    A complaint was received by the Pontiac Division of General Motors:
    'This is the second time I have written to you, and I don't blame you for not answering me, because I sounded crazy, but it is a fact that we have a tradition in our family of Ice-Cream for dessert after dinner each night, but the kind of ice cream varies so, every night, after we've eaten, the whole family votes on which kind of ice cream we should have and I drive down to the store to get it. It's also a fact that I recently purchased a new Pontiac and since then my trips to the store have created a problem.....
    You see, every time I buy a vanilla ice-cream, when I start back from the store my car won't start. If I get any other kind of ice cream, the car starts just fine. I want you to know I'm serious about this question, no matter how silly it sounds "What is there about a Pontiac that makes it not start when I get vanilla ice cream, and easy to start whenever I get any other kind?" The Pontiac President was understandably skeptical about the letter, but sent an Engineer to check it out anyway.
    The latter was surprised to be greeted by a successful, obviously well educated man in a fine neighborhood. He had arranged to meet the man just after dinner time, so the two hopped into the car and drove to the ice cream store. It was vanilla ice cream that night and, sure enough, after they came back to the car, it wouldn't start.
    The Engineer returned for three more nights. The first night, they got chocolate. The car started. The second night, he got strawberry. The car started. The third night he ordered vanilla. The car failed to start.
    Now the engineer, being a logical man, refused to believe that this man's car was allergic to vanilla ice cream. He arranged, therefore, to continue his visits for as long as it took to solve the problem. And toward this end he began to take notes: He jotted down all sorts of data: time of day, type of gas uses, time to drive back and forth etc.
    In a short time, he had a clue: the man took less time to buy vanilla than any other flavor. Why? The answer was in the layout of the store. Vanilla, being the most popular flavor, was in a separate case at the front of the store for quick pickup. All the other flavors were kept in the back of the store at a different counter where it took considerably longer to check out the flavor.
    Now, the question for the Engineer was why the car wouldn't start when it took less time. Eureka - Time was now the problem - not the vanilla ice cream!!!! The engineer quickly came up with the answer: "vapor lock".
    It was happening every night; but the extra time taken to get the other flavors allowed the engine to cool down sufficiently to start. When the man got vanilla, the engine was still too hot for the vapor lock to dissipate.
    Even crazy looking problems are sometimes real and all problems seem to be simple only when we find the solution, with cool thinking.

5. Yashikushi

Hey GV....
    [​IMG]the Vanilla Vapour Startled is a hillarious (science)fiction.Good you didn't stucked in the middst of the post because of your poisonous poky Vanilla Cold [​IMG]

Longgggggggggg hot dog.Enough for all of here.Thanks for the info with delight.

6. Yashikushi

Cousin's Day honors your Aunt and Uncle's kids. They are those great kids who are likely close to your age, and endure the countless family get togethers with you. If it wasn't for cousins, these family events would be much, much longer.

This is a great day for your cousins. Now, hold on a minute. If you have cousins, that means your cousins have cousins. And, that's you! Therefore, today is your day,too.
    Celebrating should be nothing but fun. Get together with your cousins. Hang out, just chill, or do anything you want to do...... as long as its a fun time spent with your cousins.

Today's Greeting: "What's buzzin cuzzin?" Heeeee.Heeeeee.Colonial Cousins on move.

[​IMG]

Amelia Earhart Day honors a famous aviation pioneer. Amelia Earhart broke many early aviation records.

Legend and mystery surrounds the final flight and disappearance of Amelia Earhart and her navigator, Fred Noonan. They were on a record setting attempt to fly around the world, when they became lost in the Pacific Ocean. On July 2, 1937, they headed on a difficult leg of the journey towards Howell Island in the Pacific. Weather conditions were less than ideal. While still in radio communication, ships on the ground confirmed that Earhart was having difficulty finding the island. Ultimately, radio communications faded and died. The plane was never heard from again.

The disappearance of Amelia Earhart's plane resulted in the largest search and rescue operation to date. It also sparked rumors as to what caused the disappearance. To this day, theories and speculation still exists about the cause of the disappearance. Some theories involve conspiracies, and even alien abductions.

Did you Know? The proper spelling of her name is Amelia. It was misspelled in a song about her, and is now the more popular, albeit incorrect, spelling of her name.
    Celebrate by learning and reading about Amelia Earhart, and other female aviators. We do not recommend you spend time searching for her or her plane. The U.S. navy searched over 250,000 miles of ocean to no avail.

[​IMG]

7. Yashikushi

[​IMG]

Culinarians Day is a special day for anyone who cooks. That means just about everyone of us get to celebrate this day. You don't have to be a chef, or a graduate of a culinary institute to celebrate this delicious day. You simply have to cook, and to enjoy the results.

There's national concern over growing obesity in America. Recognizing this fact, one would think that this is a huge holiday. However, we found this to be one of the least known holidays in the country..... up to now. Not anymore! We have documented it so all can enjoy Culinarians Day this year, and in future years.
    Now get into your kitchen and celebrate Culinarians Day. Cook up a storm. BTW: What time should I arrive to have your dishhhhhhes!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

Today is Thread the Needle Day. You can be certain that today is going to be a great day........ if your sew.

Thread the Needle Day certainly is a day for those who sew. It also has a second meaning. The term "thread the needle", is also a saying. It means to either walk a fine and difficult line between two things or issues, or to do something difficult. For example, suppose two of your friends are on opposite sides of an issue. You may have to "thread the needle" on that issue, as you attempt to retain both of them as your friend.
    The creator of Thread the Needle Day did not document this day. So, until we find him or her, you can celebrate today by either sewing or threading the needle on issues.

[​IMG]

8. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

So all Culinary experts,

Get your act together and be ready with your stuffs....
    I am coming to taste it all. [​IMG]
    Hee hee though not a great cook, I love experimenting [​IMG]

Good info about threading the needle..Yes, I love to be diplomatic when it comes to settling issues between two close people....but certainly avoid the real thread and needle for sewing :crazy

bye

9. Yashikushi

Oye Sara Buddy!!!![​IMG]

<CENTER></CENTER>OM.G..)))))What a devilish run.Please slow up for the culinaries.That too with Arrrrrrowwwww.All will head off(with their stuff) hearing the tok..tokk
    Even if its nothing, am here to cater the same.Am a great chef you know.

<CENTER>[​IMG]</CENTER><CENTER></CENTER>

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  10. vijikrishnan

vijikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhha
    Needle and Thread day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    will it apply like me LKGs too?
    then here is the LKG lesson in stitching greeting cards

Attached Files: