July 26th In Mumbai All Over Again?

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Naari, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Another piece of news here in US as trivial as mahesh bhupathi's Wimbledon towels! This time it's Melania's stilettos:rolleyes:

Melania Trump, Off to Texas, Finds Herself on Thin Heels

Our priorities are seriously misplaced!

Archanaanchan and Sandycandy like this.
  2. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

haha another case of bade logo ke Jimmy Choo-Chle

Naari likes this.
  3. Archanaanchan

Archanaanchan IL Hall of Fame

I assumed this type of poor and ridiculous reporting can happen only with Indian news channels!!

Sandycandy and Naari like this.
  4. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

I feel like ppl need masala even in criticism ! Who wants to talk of floods all the time, aisa attitude hai, though hidden. Upar se badi badi baatein karte hain..

Archanaanchan and Sandycandy like this.
  5. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Actually the twitter frenzy of public comments might have been responsible for this article.. I actually like NYT as they have been calling out the orange guy

Sandycandy likes this.
  6. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Reading about the casualties from the floods, one thanks to an unattended open manhole. Really sad.

Naari likes this.
  7. Archanaanchan

Archanaanchan IL Hall of Fame

I agree here with you:) I still remember those DD news channel my dad used to watch back then which reported only 30 mins of quality news. These days as the media is growing big , there are a lot of news channels always competing with each other to present unwanted news to the public. I sincerely feel media is a big strength. Instead of telecasting news of celebrity gossips , fights and other crap they could really come up with programs to address farmer issues, a show to discuss overcome poverty, a show to help child labor, discuss women related issues how we could help, discuss success stories of young entrepreneurs... we hardly get to see such things!!

Sandycandy and Naari like this.
  8. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Sure, these things are helpful , but channels need Ad revenues to survive.. And they will have ads only if they have high TRP ratings. So, if channels don't have masala, aap channel ko dhoondte reh jaaoge!! Meaning they will get extinct very soon ;)

Even top channels like fox had to fire the most imp host ever bill oreilly after news abt his sexual harassment came out, why? Not because they think character is important, but For fear of sponsors turning (ads) away !! It's all about revenue & survival at the end of the day..

Sandycandy likes this.