July 2017 Due Date

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Dimple143, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Angelica28

Angelica28 Junior IL'ite

Hi Sprb and Meenu,

Even my baby is having lots of gas problem. He keeps grunting. I tried gripe water but it didn't helped at all.
    My paed recommended Mylicon drops(over the counter). They did helped to some extent. Pease try those.
    or fennel seeds boiled in water. After water cools down, give half ts.

In india, olic drops are available too.

2. divyarnair

divyarnair Silver IL'ite

My baby also has gas. I tried to wean my baby completely off the formula thinking it might be causing gas. But he has gas even with breast milk. Everyone told me it gets better when they roll over and lie down on tummy . For now try to do cycling excercises with legs and hold upright position after feeding for 15 mins . Burp well .

3. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

How is every one doing? Hope all got adjusted to new routine with little ones? How are LO's doing.
    I am doing good and baby is also fine with few irritable days now & then.

I exclusively breastfed baby till now ( except once or twice i gave formula with filler) but from last 10 days I am noticing very low milk supply. That is bothering me a lot as baby is now 2.5 months old(10 weeks). I tried taking garlic, methi, dill leaves, shathavari powder, galact granules, lactare tablets, Fish, jeera water, oats but nothing is helping now. As milk supply going down, I thought to introduce bottle to him..i mean one or two feeds in a day. I am trying from last 4-5 days , but he is refusing bottle and crying badly untill i give him my milk.
    Another major issue is his sleep. From last few days he is not sleeping properly. He sleeps for 30-40 min max and that too when I continuously swing him in jhula. he stopped sleeping on bed totally. whole day he will be in jhula(cradle). He gets up after 30 mins, takes feed, plays for 20-30 mins and again cries for 30 mins to just sleep. Same routine continues whole day & night. I am seriously going mad. I barely get 2-3 hours sleep...:(

I am seriously worried on what is bothering him. Why he is behaving so fussy these days?
    @Sprb , Have you got Rocker and is it useful to put baby to sleep? Let me know how it is so that I can also buy for my little one?

And anyone tried to include both bottle feed and breat feed? if so how to get them accept bottle? any tips
    And also need suggestions on putting him to proper sleep

4. Meenu1991

Meenu1991 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Daffodil

Same is the case with my baby. He never sleeps during the day time, not even for 10 mins. So he takes feed from me all the time since he is awake and always hungry. I thought my milk was not sufficient for him and hence he was not able to sleep and gave him formula, still he did not sleep.
    Even i rock him in jhula, swaddle him. Nothing works out.
    Even i doubted my milk supply but as you see we keep feeding them for every 30mins hence we dont feel the breast fullness. In between i got my periods also which also affected my supply.
    Even i eat all the foods you had mentioned still no effect.
    But i do give him formula in the night and also nurse him on the breast and he sleeps for sometime.
    I asked my paed about it he said we have to make them sleep. And only feed them once in 2hrs. But am not able to follow that schedule.
    Its too tiring as the days and weeks progress. Hoping this tough phase passes soon

Take care !!

5. divyarnair

divyarnair Silver IL'ite

My baby is also like that only. Hardly sleeps on bed in mornings. He sleeps in arms .needs feed every 2 hours . Night I give him 1 bottle formula . That settles him for 3-4 hours . That's how I manage to get some sleep.

For improving supply try pumping using breast pump. What makes you think supply is low ? Babies cry for comfort and various reasons . If you stress out supply will further reduce . Just keep feeding on demand and forget about supply.

6. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Meenu dear, seems we are all sailing in same boat. I really wonder why baby is not sleeping properly.
    But my baby use to sleep for 2-3 hours continuously after feed in initial 6-7 weeks. His sleeping pattern has gone for a toss from last 4-5 weeks. this is disturbing me a lot. When i spoke to my mom, my mom said he might be not getting sufficient milk hence not sleeping. I spoke to few my friends who delivered during Mar/Apr and they all said that their babies sleep nicely. This added to my worry and I am thinking what is wrong with my baby...Night time its fine...he sleeps but wakes up every 2 hours for feed. sometimes he plays/cries in night also for 2-3 hours.

Dear, i have a doubt...Does your baby plays in awake time? My baby plays for max 30-40 mins in awake time and will start crying. He refuses to take milk nor sleep but simply cries....:cry:. I believe i did a mistake..I suspected that my milk supply is low and tried to introduce bottle. He refused and cried badly but when i tried giving bottle to my right side so he got confused/up set and now stopped taking milk from my right breast. He takes milk only from left breast. I think he feels I am giving him bottle...:BangHead:

Seriously going thru rough phase. Hope we cross it soon and settle down...Many are saying that babies settle down after 3 months...Hope that happens..

take care dear...

7. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Thanks divya...Yes you are correct. I stressed out a lot on milk supply and it has drastically gone down. Now I am back to normal and slowly milk supply is also settling.

Actually my baby use to sleep for 2-3 hours at a stretch after feed till 6-7 weeks after which his sleeping pattern has changed a lot...Now he rarely sleeps in day time...he will be sleepy and behaves cranky. When i put him cradle and swing him , he will sleep for max 20-30 mins and wakes up with crying. This change in behavior made me think that my milk is not sufficient for my baby. On top of it, i spoke to few my friends who delivered during Mar/Apr...every one said babies sleep nicely if they get their tummy full..:(
    Thinking all these, I tried to introduce bottle (formula milk) which only back fired for me...He got so upset to the level that he stopped taking milk from me also when he is awake...Now a days I feed him when he is asleep :cry:..

But slowly after seeing all your replies, It assures me that it is not wrong with my baby...every baby is almost doing same.

Does your baby cry when awake or play happily...? My baby plays for 30-40 mins and starts crying.
    He cries badly like 30-40 mins and sleeps off with out taking milk. he refuses to take milk that time. He sleeps off for 30 mins but as he didnt take milk, he will be hungry and wakes up again..this is continuous cycle till night. I am getting so tired and sometimes all my patience goes off and i end up crying for not being able to console him...:sob:

8. divyarnair

divyarnair Silver IL'ite

Hi
    I will tell you my baby routine.
    He sleeps well if me or husband hugs him or if he sleeps on us . So morning he wakes up when last one of us wakes up.i feed him every 2 hours which includes feeding time of 30-40 mins. After feed he plays for some 45 mins. Then he gets bored or sleepy and becomes fuzzy or cries. Then we hold him and rock him to sleep. This nap is max 30 mins and he wakes up the moment we put him on bed . Otherwise someone has to hug and pat him in sleep. This continues till night . In night I give a topup formula by 10-11pm. He sleeps by 12.Sometimes till 4am.sometimes wakes up earlier. So morning naps are very less.His routine is similar to your baby's . Why are you losing patience? He is crying for getting sleep after play . Find out a method that is easiest to put him to sleep . My baby sleeps best when I nurse him . Sometimes I nurse in lying down position and he goes to sleep and I hug him and take a quick nap. Sleeping with my baby is the best thing I do all day .Dont lose patience just enjoy this phase.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    mrunalini01 likes this.
  9. Nivilovely

Nivilovely Junior IL'ite

how is everyone doing?

10. Meenu1991

Meenu1991 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Nivilovely

Am doing good. LO is 4 and half months now. Still not having a routine.
    Some days he sleeps well, somedays he doesn't sleep at all.
    He is trying to turn to his tummy, but hasn't fully turned yet. His head has slightly fixed, still few more days to be properly fixed.

How are you all doing?