JULY 2015 due date club

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by oysterzzz, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Ponnovium

Ponnovium Bronze IL'ite

Hey Oysterzz,,,
    i had my nt scan yesterday, so far good nothing to worry..apparently not feeling too nauseous now a days...did u have a boy or girl last time?? I had a girl..

2. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

Hi dear mrithulanaren,
    Congrats and thanks for sharing the news with all of us.

1 person likes this.
  3. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

Had my 1st scan last week. Everything is normal. Also had my blood test and urine test done. My doc suggested OGCT in 12 weeks as both my parents are diabetic. my OGCT is around 160. when the normal reading is below 150. Blood samples were collected on empty stomach and after having glucose again blood samples are collected after 1 hour. But my doc is saying, 2nd blood sample must be collected after 2hours so now she wants me to go for the test again. I browsed and got to find that the 2nd blood sample will be collected after 1 hour only and not like she said.

I am skeptical about whether to go again or not. I am really not comfortable regarding blood tests since childhood. This time during the blood test, it didn't go smoothly. I got very tensed, now doc is asking to go for it again. Also one more problem is my haemoglobin is very low. Its around 6.9. Really tensed this time. During my 1st pregnancy everything went on very smooth.

4. spice

spice Bronze IL'ite

Congratulations everyone on your pregnancy. I am a first time mommy and due in July too. This is my first post and am very excited to join this group.

Its my 15th week, but still I feel nauseated all the time. I vomit minimum 3-4 times a day. Basically after eating anything. Many a times I vomit after drinking water too.

I have reduced 6 pounds so far. Doc says its normal, but I am worried, coz my appetite has not yet increased and I don't feel like eating anything as well.

I do have my prenatals daily. But I dont think that's sufficient. I have even stopped taking milk, coz just few minutes after drinking, I throw up that too. I am very worried, if the baby is getting sufficient vitamins. Doc asked to take vomiting tablets, but I am unsure if I should take or not.

Does anyone have the same eating issue or eats less than usual?

1 person likes this.
  5. mickeygirl

mickeygirl Silver IL'ite

Congrats Spice..Welcome to the club...I am also first time mommy.

I am also feeling nauseated and throwing up all the time..Doc gave me medication...If i have meds am able to eat food and go to work smoothly...else unable to manage as I am work.....

At my last visit GYN asked me to discontinue vomit tablets after 12 weeks and start using iron tablets....I am still using vomit tablets as I am still throwing up........I use them alternate days to test and stop vomit meds.....

While throughing up i saw some blood in vomit...I mentioned this to my GYNC she told me its because of acidity and asked me to use calcium tablets...I wanted to share this to all mommies not to get frightened with changes happening. Just check with GYNC immediately.

Meds : Prenatal , Calcium, D3, Iron/Vomit tablets.

I am trying to listen some aarthi's and bhajan's. My family and friends suggested me to listen to kids stories...I started listening to those at bed time...

So frnds how is your schedule progressing...do share your diet details,medication details and exercise routine....also do you read/listen to any specific videos/books.??

2 people like this.
  6. spice

spice Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Mickeygirl.

My vomiting has been reduced considerably. I throw up less now. Main worry is if I drink water, I vomit that too.

My appetite has become better now. I do feel hungry n try to eat whatever. But since I m unable to cook, I do not get to eat proper food. Though DH tries his best to cook or get something from outside.

In a day, I may be having 5 almonds, 2 bowls of fruit, 1 cup juice or milk, 1 bowl rice n curry, and some chips or chocolates. I understand this is not enough, so thats why feel worried.

The only med I m taking is Prenatals. Doc hasnt asked me to take any other meds. have not started any exercise yet. I get exhausted after reaching home n literally dont feel like getting up from bed. But I m planning to join prenatal yoga. Not sure how much it will help.

7. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

This is a very silent thread. Guess there are very less July moms to be.
    How is everyone doing. Hope everyone is taking calcium tabs, iron tabs and protein mix or protein biscuits.
    Update from my side: Being a severe anaemic, doc prescribed me iron shots. Had my two iron shots so far. Other than this everything is fine. Waiting for the metal taste to disappear.

8. mrithulanaren

mrithulanaren Gold IL'ite

hi,
    for OGCT what amount of glucose they gave during test ? in general during pregnancy they will give 50gm of glucose and 1hr post they will test. if the values are high then we have to repeat 3 hrs test. i.e every 1hr they will check the value.
    normal adult they will give 75gm of glucose.
    are you overweight ? if yes pl take care of carbs intake.

please take iron rich foods along with meds to boost up .

9. mrithulanaren

congrats spice and welcome to this DD club.
    am first time mommy too.
    try to add some form of proteins along with your food daily.
    boiled channa / peas / lentils / protein biscuits / powders.

1 person likes this.
  10. mrithulanaren

hi july mommies,
    my gync prescribed iron and calcium tablets. iron after breakfast and calcium after dinner.
    iron making me nauseated as well constipated . so for last few days stopped to take iron and continuing only calcium tab.
    any advice/tips for this?

as am overweight before preg and due to anterior placenta started getting backaches.
    after NT scan joined office this weeking and feeling tired to sit for the whole day.
    how working ladies (if anyone) managing.

meds: metformin 500mg (twice)
    aspirin -1 ,
    vaginal progesterone - @ night
    iron
    calcium