1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

jug water filters?

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by rya, Jan 11, 2008.

1. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

hello everyone,
    i have a doubt..we are all getting jug water filters from shop and as per instructions,we are replacing filters every two months..does this really works? when we boil water in our house it is also safer to use..which one is best?
    any suggestions?
    thanks
    ramya

2. shinee

shinee New IL'ite

Hi Ramya,
    It is strictly forbidden to boil water for drinking purposes in USA as it increases to concentration of certain deposits present in water, which could be harmful especially for kids (as told by one of my doctors). It is adivisable to either purify the water or drink it directly if it tastes better)...no boiling..and more over the filter in the pitcher can go upto 3 months...it works just fine..
    take care
    Shinee

3. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

Thanx for the info Shinee...I switched over to the pitcher filter recently...good to know the filter holds for 3 months

4. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

As already stated we should never boil water in US. Its good to use filters since it filters the lead and other dirt from the water. I shall not say that the filtered water is 100% safe but it is definitely better than drinking the water directly from tap or boiling it.
    -Priya

5. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

hi shinee and priya,
    sorry for late reply..thank you very much for the information you have given
    thanks