1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

joint pain

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by sindukarthik, Jan 11, 2008.

1. sindukarthik

sindukarthik New IL'ite

hi everbody,

2 yrs back i had a ligament tear without even falling.i did not undergo any operation. i went and took physiotherapy and did some exercises through doctors and experts. They said it happened only because i was very week. after that i did not have problems.

But again i have severe leg pains daily. i am married now. i am not able to do exercises regularly. i have leg pain sometimes very badly. After 3 or 4 months we would like to have child. At this stage will it not affect my pregnancy? cant do exercises also after that.

I would like to go for yoga. i believe it will bring me strength in mind and body? Am i right? or is there any treatment for this? Can somebody help me?

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear sindhu,
    i know that the ligament tear is helped by bed rest and i am surprised u had exercise and all those things, any way now coming to your joint pain, u need to check on ur diet and reduce ur weight if you are excess, and some breathing is good pl do go for the yoga it has helped many a lot not only physical but mental health also improves with concentration being the main thing there...sunkan

3. padmavathi m

padmavathi m Silver IL'ite

hello sindhu,

definitely there is a cure in yoga as sunkan had mentioned in her post.
    firstly you must have a balanced diet everyday, that itself keeps you away from most of the ailments.
    you can also see the thread "palming exercises" in this forum itself. it may be useful to some extent.

padma

4. prabhabala

prabhabala Gold IL'ite

hi sindhu,

Yoga is the best cure ............

prabha

5. malter

malter New IL'ite

Perhaps your suggestions can help me too. This is for my mother who has developed joint problems in her knee for the last 2/3 years. We have been consulting her with orthopedics but the situation has never been in control. Further she has to bear extreme pain when she goes to bathroom. We could not afford to make commode arrangements in bathroom as we are staying at an old home. Is there any thing that we can do to help her?

6. mansi19

mansi19 New IL'ite

hi,

you should first know the reason of knee pain as this is very common in old age now a days.and depending upon the stage it is been treated.with stage i mean is their any bony growth in the joint..i know about orthopedicians they must have given medicines to eat.definately they will help but along with exercise i would recommend you to take her to a gud pysio she would definatel get help from that..or else you can do home remedies like hot water fomentation and exercise..but first should consult with a physio..i have seen many patients getting benefit with this..

gud luk

7. pradeepreddy3

pradeepreddy3 New IL'ite

hello sindhukartik,

One of the remedies you can go for is take health supplements .
    Why health supplements ????

Reason: Since our childhood days we did not have nutritious food ( food rich in vitamins and minerals ) . When we don't have proper diet , then that leads to deficiency in vitamins and minerals. This deficiency shows up some symptoms like hair fall , hair greying , digestion problem, falling sick , cough and cold and many more .

But , we won't care about that . Which leads to health challenges , like diabetes , hearth attacks, low/high blood pressure, and many more .

I would suggest you to go for "health supplements" . It helps you to maintain a proper balance in body .

If you have any queries regarding any health issues or which health supplements to take up you can reply me back .

Take care . you will recover very soon.

8. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Malter:
    I suggest you get a commode chair for your mom available at medical shops. If she has her own bathroom you can place it above the traditional toilet (I am assuming that you have that flat level kind). Its not a perfect solution but it is one solution.

You might consult an ayurvedic doctor...in my case that has been helpful.

9. Amarpreetkochar

Amarpreetkochar Junior IL'ite

Hi,

I think you can consult a physiotherapist . A physiotherapist could also visit your home.

Take care,
    Amarpreet:)